Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I started digging into the trailer yesterday. I stipped all the original 24v wiring and lights out as well as pulled off the Pintle hitch assembly to prep the toungue for the Lock and a roll hitch conversion. There was 33 years of grime, bad paint and some old welds that needed to be grinded off.

Attachments

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I have all the pieces for the Lock and Roll conversion and I fabricated some brackets for the tongue box as well as the rear LED taillights. Then the gridding began! I was able to restore the original safety chain mounts.

Attachments

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

6E811029-A4C9-4471-AD13-184ABC8E43F2.jpeg
I had to reinstall the Pintle hitch so I can get it to the shop to weld on the new hitch. I mocked up the tongue box location and swapped out the front military recovery rings With standard recovery rings for clearance on the tongue box. I also determined the location of the new tongue jack that will be on a swivel mount welded to the frame.
today the wiring install begins with all LED taillights, side marker lights and a 7 pin wiring harness!

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

A328A243-87E8-4102-B702-865654DA889B.jpeg
we extended the tongue by 12” and made a receiver on the trailer side to allow for switching hitches.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR

Let your imagination run wild...

Good luck with your build.

Reactions: Ncat

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Looks like its coming along nicely.
Have you decided what your going to do with the box yet?

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Nice trailer build pictures. Didn't you have a square drop trailer you heavily modified? Did you replace it with this setup?

-Curtiss
This is 3 trailers ago... :)

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I noticed that too. We should do coffee some morning or?

I see an up/down and a right to left pivot - is there a side to side rotation in your hitch?
Sounds good, you ever go to cars and coffee?

yes, the Lock and roll hitch is fully articulating. 360 on the truck side and 180 on the trailer side,it allows some crazy articulation.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

EFD17385-EDA8-4756-890E-96523D9F3341.jpeg
after some time away due to my crazy work schedule I dove in and spent the last four days pulling things together. I separated the bed and frame, cleaned, sanded and painted the whole frame black. Then reinstalled the body. I prepped the body and shot the whole bed inside and out with Raptor Liner. I changed out the original wheels with 17x9 black rhino armory wheels to match the truck. I put 35x12.5 17 BFG KM3’s on to match the truck as well. I put a tongue box from Harbor Freight and a tool box from Tractor Supply on for locking storage. I mounTed a shovel and McLeod tool with quick fist mounts. Some major progress! Now to design the rack.

Reactions: smritte