• HTML tutorial

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I have a 100watt Rich Solar flexible panel on top of my Land Cruiser. After 2 years, this is how the panel looks:
1641232471371.png

Rich Solar proudly states they have a 1 year warranty. I first noticed some small bubbling under the panels coating within two months of ownership. I immediately took pictures and attempted to contact Rich Solar about the panels warranty... crickets. Since the panel was still working after a year of ownership, I once again attempted to contact Rich Solar to see if they had any recommendations on how to repair or slow down the panel degradation. Over the course of the next year, I tried to contact Rich Solar a variety a ways (website contact, email, telephone, Facebook) and have not once got a reply to my inquiry.

In short, I DO NOT RECCOMEND RICH SOLAR!

I also have a 100watt Renogy panel on the roof of a shed in my backyard to keep a cheap marine battery topped off. The shed is full of 12v LED lights. I've had this panel for just over 1 year, but it still looks like new! In fact, I inspected it yesterday after brushing 3" off snow off of it and found no issues.
1641235232832.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Desert Runner

Clarkk

Rank I

Enthusiast I

USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Clark
If you are looking for the best solar panels and kits for your RV, then the 12-volt solar battery charger from Renogy should not be missed. It can provide 100 watts of power, allowing you to run multiple devices at the same time. Another impressive fact is that the solar panel is built from strong and sturdy materials as well as high conversion efficiency modules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roam Bearded

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
I have two of the Rich solid ones, One on the off road camper other sits on my H2's roof rack , both have worked flawlessly for over 2 years