Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
And we're at a greater disadvantage for snow. We got about ~2.5 inches back in December of 2008 and about 4 inches a couple years ago.

I too, wish for snow this winter.
View attachment 128651
Awwwww, I pray you get some, I'll do my snow dance for you. I don't often get a lot and when it does it's usually gone in three days or less. Gramma use to say if it stayed three days it was going to snow again. She was right in my case. She was Cherokee and born in La.

Reactions: eagle_A40

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Awwwww, I pray you get some, I'll do my snow dance for you. I don't often get a lot and when it does it's usually gone in three days or less. Gramma use to say if it stayed three days it was going to snow again. She was right in my case. She was Cherokee and born in La.
Thanks for the snow dance, but don't dance too long. animated-smileys-drinking-030 (1).gif

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Between Monday night and Tuesday morning we got 12-15" here in Denver :openmouth:
I heard the reports on the radio. Traffic is chaotic I understand with traffic backed up for miles. Glad I don't live in the cities any longer with all the people who don't know how to drive in snow. Funny thing was on the news I saw more 4 wheel drive vehicles in the ditches than 2 wheel drive vehicles. Some people think because they drive 4 wheel drives they won't get stuck. LOL

kingofthehill29

Rank II

Advocate II

And we're at a greater disadvantage for snow. We got about ~2.5 inches back in December of 2008 and about 4 inches a couple years ago.

I too, wish for snow this winter.
View attachment 128651
Austin and Houston are too, and last 2 years they got snow and we didn't get anything. I hope you get some snow too. Ive given up hope, I plan to travel to the snow at some point this winter. Im thinking of maybe going to angel fire if I get a chance.

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'm in the Memphis area...folks lose their minds at the mention of snow or wintery mix conditions lol

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

I'm in the Memphis area...folks lose their minds at the mention of snow or wintry mix conditions lol
:smiley: I used to spend a week at JD Service School in Memphis every winter. As I remember, snow and ice in Memphis is similar to what we get down here, only way more often. I busted my butt on the ice many times while there.

The best ribs I've ever eaten were at the Flaming Hearth in Whitehaven.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

16" outside of Boulder, CO. Was a blast plowing the Cruiser through unplowed streets. Unfortunately the boss waited until I was already at work to tell me not to come in :neutral:
When this would happen (not snow, but severe weather conditions), the boss paid us for 4 hours show-up time. animated-smileys-hands-fingers-02.gif

Reactions: mtnlove

Sneaks

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Swenson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1MUR
Sadly, the snow beat me in the rush to replace my clutch master cylinder. I’ll be crawling under tonight in -11, the dark and fresh snow! Ah who cares, I still get to turn some wrenches! View attachment 128756
isn’t the clutch MC on the vanagon inside, behind the dash? Not sure that’s any better than underneath but at least won’t be laying in snow!

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

:smiley: I used to spend a week at JD Service School in Memphis every winter. As I remember, snow and ice in Memphis is similar to what we get down here, only way more often. I busted my butt on the ice many times while there.

The best ribs I've ever eaten were at the Flaming Hearth in Whitehaven.
Not much left in white Haven anymore sadly. Everything is shutting down. Things Memphis is known for BBQ annnnnd an insane crime rate lol