Silverado leveling kit opinions

• HTML tutorial

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
IMG_3928.JPGCurious on y’all’s opinions concerning leveling kits for Chevy 1500s. Mines a 2013 4.8 1500, and at some point I’d like to get a level kit installed for some extra clearance up front. Curious on what you’ve ran, what works/otherwise, what handles well/otherwise. Next time I go up/down Tray mountain, GA I’d like the extra space.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The max you will be able to lift with leveling kit is about 3 inches then you may be able to go 2 inches larger on the tires. As long as you dont get too extreme while offroading the leveling kit will work fine but if your wanting to run a trail fast like a zr2 or raptor then a real lift will be needed. Remember to get the drop kit for the front diff and sway bar if you go with leveling.

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
The max you will be able to lift with leveling kit is about 3 inches then you may be able to go 2 inches larger on the tires. As long as you dont get too extreme while offroading the leveling kit will work fine but if your wanting to run a trail fast like a zr2 or raptor then a real lift will be needed. Remember to get the drop kit for the front diff and sway bar if you go with leveling.
Sounds good, no Baja for me! Just always skeptical about lifts and levels because I know they need to be done right. Thanks for the input and for mentioning the drop kit and sway bar.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Like mentioned above if all you're really needing ground clearance then a leveling kit (coil spacers)from companies like Rough Country will work fine. What you really need are larger diameter tires. A simple 2"-2.5" spacer kit and some taller tires will really help. I don't know what the max tires size is for the Silverado but you can usually get away with a taller tire if you go narrower. I.e. a 255/80/17 will fit a lot easier than a 285/70/17 on my Canyon and both are 33".

If your current shocks have over 40k miles on them then I'd skip the spacer lift and go with something like the Eibach Pro Truck lift kit. Your shocks are probably toast at 40k+ miles so you should replace them with new ones that offer more control on and off-road. https://eibach.com/us/i-8808-pro-truck-lift-system-stage-1.html

From there the prices just go up with true coilover lifts from King, Icon, Fox etc.

Trinny Solis

Rank 0

Contributor I

Norwalk
I have bilstein 5100 shock replacement on my 16 Silverado and have worked great it gave me just under 2in lift up front enough to clear 285/70/17 with no rubbing or trimming

For both shocks came out to be around $200

Reactions: Jkk

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Hey there ive gone that way of leveling kit on my silverado and that lasted for a day before i ordered a 3.5" lift kit with the front diff drop. The leveling kit didnt help much for clearance for my setup with 33's but after taking out the leveling kit and putting the 3.5" lift kit and little bit of a norcal mod the 33's cleared well.

Reactions: Jkk