Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Service Branch
Emergency Manager
What shovels and axes are everyone using? I imagine there are a wide range of opinions on this one!

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

1670871514322.png

Aluminess shovel/axe combo on a Mule mount for the FWC. Truth-be-told I didn't need the Mule mount, I could have just drilled the Aluminess mount to bolt direct to the camper jack mounts. I might still do that, moving the shovel/axe to the other side so I can put an actual Aluminess box for recovery gear/tools where the axe/shovel are now.

-TJ

H&B Adventures

Rank VI

Influencer I

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Service Branch
Emergency Manager
Iv
View attachment 246648

Aluminess shovel/axe combo on a Mule mount for the FWC. Truth-be-told I didn't need the Mule mount, I could have just drilled the Aluminess mount to bolt direct to the camper jack mounts. I might still do that, moving the shovel/axe to the other side so I can put an actual Aluminess box for recovery gear/tools where the axe/shovel are now.

-TJ
I have a Gobi rack and am looking at putting them on there, but fabricating my own mount. Gobi has great product, but its almost 200.00 for the mount.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines

Reactions: MOAK

SkunkedGorilla

Rank III

Advocate II

Cochrane, AB, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Korczak
View attachment 246648

-TJ
Sweet Rig! Really Dig it, do you have a build thread or walk-around of your rig. Would love to check this one out.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I forget the brand name of Pulaski I carry, but its the outfit in PA that has made fireman's axes for like 100 years. I also carry a Woodsman's Pal and a small ACE brand spade.

Reactions: Alaska hermit

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I have a basic round point shovel with a jagged edge and hardware store Yardworks axe attached to the utility box of my trailer. The axe is nicely balanced and works surprisingly well for a cheapy. I also carry a Fiskars X7 hatchet in the box. Both are cable locked to the box so they don't go missing.

I swap out the shovel for an aluminum snow scoop style shovel in the winter. I didn't like the handle it came with so I bought another shovel with a handle like the one in the pic below. I took them both apart and made them into a pair I did like. I gave the "other" shovel to my wife for her garden.

#12 D-Grip Handle Aluminum Barn Scoop (princessauto.com)

22-06-01 7.JPG