SEMA 2016

• HTML tutorial

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

2 days was enough for me, a lot of walking. Post some pictures so i get another perspective, i know i missed something
I goto Outdoor Retailer every year for 2 days... Schedule meetings... Plan to see people and things... I rarely accomplish half of it...
SO, to be there for 3 hours tomorrow should be a real doozy. I've got a few booths I HAVE to get to, so it should be interesting... 3... Hours....

Reactions: Unplanned Overland

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Never made it to SEMA! Delta screwed up my flight royally (Well, not just mine - for everyone on that plane headed to Vegas) and by the time everything got sorted out either every other airline was booked solid or there just wasn't another flight that could get me out there before the end of the day.

So I went off-roading.
Found this great old bomb shelter that's been a bit of a local legend for decades..
Took the kids with me.

I'll get to SEMA one day!

Unplanned Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

El Dorado Hills
Member #

Never made it to SEMA! Delta screwed up my flight royally (Well, not just mine - for everyone on that plane headed to Vegas) and by the time everything got sorted out either every other airline was booked solid or there just wasn't another flight that could get me out there before the end of the day.

So I went off-roading.
Found this great old bomb shelter that's been a bit of a local legend for decades..
Took the kids with me.

I'll get to SEMA one day!
Bummer now enjoy my pictures guilt free[emoji2]

Reactions: RaggedViking

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Bomb shelter pics?
I've only got this one as I had the girls with me. My three year old would be all for it - but I wasn't hauling my 5 months old around in her baby carrier.

BUT, the story goes that the house that used to be on the hill above it was owned by the president of our local power company. In his basement, which led to this shelter, he was able to control all of the eastern seaboard's power grid. Kind of wild a weird for someone who was in power during the Cold War era. Nonetheless, I plan on going back and seeing just how much is left. They knocked down the house last summer and build a new house in it's place. I am not even sure the new owners know this adventure awaits them in their backyard.BShelterKRd.jpg

Unplanned Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

El Dorado Hills
Member #

I've only got this one as I had the girls with me. My three year old would be all for it - but I wasn't hauling my 5 months old around in her baby carrier.

BUT, the story goes that the house that used to be on the hill above it was owned by the president of our local power company. In his basement, which led to this shelter, he was able to control all of the eastern seaboard's power grid. Kind of wild a weird for someone who was in power during the Cold War era. Nonetheless, I plan on going back and seeing just how much is left. They knocked down the house last summer and build a new house in it's place. I am not even sure the new owners know this adventure awaits them in their backyard.View attachment 9706
Are you going to overland expo west next year? Im heading there with either my 12 year old son or 16 year old daughter

Reactions: RaggedViking