Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Heads up the SGV will meet at the Corner Bakery this Thursday at 6:00. There will be more light and easy to get food, they can use the business too. We will be on the patio area. We’ll get the meet up updated too. Anybody in the area is welcome to show up and talk about what your trips have been or you plans for the next one.

Reactions: Joe A W

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Heads up the SGV will meet at the Corner Bakery this Thursday at 6:00. There will be more light and easy to get food, they can use the business too. We will be on the patio area. We’ll get the meet up updated too. Anybody in the area is welcome to show up and talk about what your trips have been or you plans for the next one.
Thanks! See you all there this Thursday.

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

I'll be giving ya'll comms and will sit in my truck with the heater. How's that for social distancing?

Haha. I kid, I kid.

Err, not sure why I didn't get emails on updates here. Anyway, I updated the event description to reflect our change in location. I also spoke with Corner Bakery and while we may not be able to move tables we can sit at different tables and be fine for distancing.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

The Road that I was talking about is Old Dale Road in Joshua Tree. I'll probably run it on 12/5. I'll be camping out in J Tree at Ryan Campground with the wife and kid. Let me know if you guys want to head out for the day

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

The Road that I was talking about is Old Dale Road in Joshua Tree. I'll probably run it on 12/5. I'll be camping out in J Tree at Ryan Campground with the wife and kid. Let me know if you guys want to head out for the day
This is prime season for climbing, I sent most of my 20s weekends in Ryan. I hope you have great time.

markstaco

Rank I

Traveler I

First Name
Mark
Last Name
Glover
Member #

This would be my first meetup with Overland Bound crew, due to the lockdown is the 12/19 meetup still a go?

markstaco

Rank I

Traveler I

First Name
Mark
Last Name
Glover
Member #

This would be my first meetup with Overland Bound crew, due to the lockdown is the 12/19 meetup still a go?

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Good question! The Corner Bakery is take out only now, maybe we should hold off until January. What does everybody else think?

Reactions: matthewg

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Jumping in to say hi and hoping this post starts giving me notifications again.
Mojave road trip rocked, had four vehicles and beautiful weather. I need to replace my rear trailing arm bushings before I go out again.
"May" be planning another multi day trip in January and will defiantly set one up for feb/march. I want a few weekend trips knocked out before spring also. Looking at some Mojave exploring and an Anza trip.
TTL
Scott

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Good question! The Corner Bakery is take out only now, maybe we should hold off until January. What does everybody else think?
I’m not opposed to holding until January, partly for COVID-19 reasons, partly for holiday busyness, and partly because I know Mike needs time to make his 35 different types of Christmas cookies.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Well I guess we are out of a place unless we reorganize as a church or hold a sit in protest so January is ok for me as well. Our trip to Death Valley for the end of this week was postponed as the park has shutdown camping. We will be using the time to wheel around Nevada (Gold Butte / Valley of Fire) instead.

Really hoping that things get better for January so Anza and Mojave are back open again.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Thanks, the cookies are off this year, all three parties are cancelled. I would give to 17 or so friends and family. No parties no reason to bake. This C-19 is a long way past old.

markstaco

Rank I

Traveler I

First Name
Mark
Last Name
Glover
Member #

Just checking to see if this is happening on 12/19? What time are we meeting at the cafe?

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Anza was canceled on me too this weekend. I was planning on doing the Mojave after Christmas but I wonder if I would get fined if I were to go.........I don't get how campgrounds are closed. That is the definition of being outdoors and remote! Smart virus knows not to attack when you're in Costco but if you go outdoors you're done for!

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Anza was canceled on me too this weekend. I was planning on doing the Mojave after Christmas but I wonder if I would get fined if I were to go.........I don't get how campgrounds are closed. That is the definition of being outdoors and remote! Smart virus knows not to attack when you're in Costco but if you go outdoors you're done for!
There are only a couple of rangers in all of Mojave, the road goes from BLM Nevada to Natl park to BLM Calif. 2 different jurisdictions. The camping is remote so there's nothing to shut down. I don't know how they would ticket you let alone even care. In all the years I've been going, I have never seen any rangers outside of hole in the wall and the caverns.
I'm sure Hole in the Wall would be closed, the train station and.........not sure what else.

I will be going back there in a couple of months doing a few weekend trips and a multi day. If you want to go later, i'll post up here when I have dates.

Reactions: MMc