Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Oh, I didn't see it as "checking out gear" – I thought if we all talked on GMRS radios we could social distance even better in the big grass lawn!

:tearsofjoy::tongueclosed::tongueout::tonguewink:

See ya'll tonight -

Big Blue

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Old
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRJK336; HAM:
Always a fun night at the meetup. We definitely need to plan a camping trip, have some good food, and just chill under the stars.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
If anyone is interested, I'm running the Mojave Road after Thanksgiving. I have from the Friday after, all through the next week off. I don't have an actual date due to it looks like I'm going alone again. I'm going to post in the run area and see if I can scare up a travel partner. The trip can be from 2 days and up depending on what anyone wants to do.
There's an event in Ocotillo Wells. Desert Rendezous (that's how its spelled) Dec 4,5,6. I may go to that the weekend after.

Reactions: Big Blue and MMc

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Taken the trailer? I am going to Baja end of Oct and first of Nov. I don’t think I can make it.

If anyone is interested, I'm running the Mojave Road after Thanksgiving. I have from the Friday after, all through the next week off. I don't have an actual date due to it looks like I'm going alone again. I'm going to post in the run area and see if I can scare up a travel partner. The trip can be from 2 days and up depending on what anyone wants to do.
There's an event in Ocotillo Wells. Desert Rendezous (that's how its spelled) Dec 4,5,6. I may go to that the weekend after.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Naw, just the cruiser. I'll be visiting my sister in Vegas over thanksgiving and leaving from there.

Reactions: MMc

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Howdy ya'll. I wanted to let you know, meeting is scheduled for Thursday evening 6-8pm. There was a glitch in the rally point system which kept showing it on Saturday but after a bit of troubleshooting I have resolved it. I wanted to make sure there's no confusion.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

San Gabriel Valley is having another Meetup this Thursday, at 6:00. We’ll be under the solar panels at Lonehill Junior High School. There is food to go over on Arrow Highway both side of the freeway. A couple of blocks away. Everybody is welcome, bring a chair, food and drinks an join us as we hangout and talk overlanding. See Rally Points for all the details.

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Err, not able to make it tonight. I’ve got a 10 day trip on Saturday and am still shopping... taking longer than I thought. Zion in UT, Moab, then Breckenridge CO and Ophir’s pass in CO. Should be fun! Hope to catch everyone next month.

Reactions: MMc

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Err, not able to make it tonight. I’ve got a 10 day trip on Saturday and am still shopping... taking longer than I thought. Zion in UT, Moab, then Breckenridge CO and Ophir’s pass in CO. Should be fun! Hope to catch everyone next month.
Sorry I missed you Thursday. Sitting out on the grass was nice. I hope to catch up with you soon.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Is there a meet on 11/19? Same place or did that change with the time change?

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

The plan is to still meet at the same place. During last month's meeting Mike was talking about going to Baja for a couple of weeks starting the end of October so I am guessing the only surfing he is doing right now is on a board and not on his laptop.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Just back from Baja. I’ll check out the Corner Bakery and see if we are welcome and all. I’ll post here. We’ll be getting together on the 19th.

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Likely too last minute but I realized I didn’t throw an invite out here. Doing a big bear day trip tomorrow if anyone is interested. All pretty tame trails. Just scenic.

Up to Big Bear: (3N14): Apple Valley > Fawnskin
In Big Bear: Holcomb Valley Road (3N16) > Polique Rd to Doble
Exiting Big Bear: Skyline (2N10) > Radford Truck Trail (2N06) -> Seven Oaks Road -> Middle Control Road -> Hit 38 at Angelus Oaks

Back up trail is Pioneertown out (2N02)

Meeting in Apple valley at 8am. If anyone is interested private message me your cell.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I stopped by Corner Bakery yesterday. They would love to have us back, we can’t move tables and need to do all the C-19 stuff. We would be outside in the patio area. The question to all is would rather be a the Jr. High with lanterns or Corner Bakery. I am good with ether. Please let me know what you would prefer.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Likely too last minute but I realized I didn’t throw an invite out here. Doing a big bear day trip tomorrow if anyone is interested. All pretty tame trails. Just scenic.

Up to Big Bear: (3N14): Apple Valley > Fawnskin
In Big Bear: Holcomb Valley Road (3N16) > Polique Rd to Doble
Exiting Big Bear: Skyline (2N10) > Radford Truck Trail (2N06) -> Seven Oaks Road -> Middle Control Road -> Hit 38 at Angelus Oaks

Back up trail is Pioneertown out (2N02)

Meeting in Apple valley at 8am. If anyone is interested private message me your cell.
Too late of a notice! I just saw this now. Let me know when you go out there again. Plus weekends work better. at least for me.

Reactions: matthewg

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

I stopped by Corner Bakery yesterday. They would love to have us back, we can’t move tables and need to do all the C-19 stuff. We would be outside in the patio area. The question to all is would rather be a the Jr. High with lanterns or Corner Bakery. I am good with ether. Please let me know what you would prefer.
I vote for Corner Bakery......too bad they don't serve beer.