RTIC Coolers. Free shipping. Half the price of Yeti

• HTML tutorial

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

So today I drove by the RTIC warehouse based on the address I found on Google, but I couldn't find it! Drove up and down and still no luck. It was odd, the numbers just jumped and their was nothing in-between.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Strange. I would think it would be a big building. Sometimes, if you can't find the number, you're on the wrong street. Try one street over and you might find your number.
I'm thinking the address I found on the internet was incorrect? But on the other side of the street, I did see a huge warehouse with at least two dozen loading docks. The distribution center could of been inside, but I didn't see any "RTIC" signs and the entrance to the loading docks were all fenced off.

Reactions: NorthStar96

RichardS

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charleston, SC
Member #

I own a couple Yetis. Can't say I was thrilled to pay retail for them, but I can't get behind an obvious knockoff. IP laws separate the US from some less scrupulous cultures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vegasjeepguy

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

Heads up if you're in Texas, Buc-ees has the big RTIC tumblers in stock and on the shelf for $19.99, just Yeti for coolers though.

OkieMountaineer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Marty
Last Name
AAAA
Member #

I was going to buy one but had reservations about letting someone have my money for, then 4-6 months, and not having product in my hand. I emailed them w few months ago asking if they charged the card at time of sale or when it shipped and they confirmed it was at time of sale. I just can't do it with the RTIC, maybe when they either don't charge your card or actually ship the product when they order it.

I ended up getting a Yeti with the 20% REI coupon and a burning a couple gift cards.

Promptly stuck a OB sticker on it.

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I own a couple Yetis. Can't say I was thrilled to pay retail for them, but I can't get behind an obvious knockoff. IP laws separate the US from some less scrupulous cultures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. The issue I have is RTIC is copying every product offered by Yeti. You elimate design, pre-production (Yetis are readily found both online and in stores), staff, etc. of course you can offer a product at a substantially lower price. I suspect what RTIC is doing is waiting until they have enough orders to be cost effective to run a production batch and this is resulting in long wait times. And good luck when you have a customer service issue.

No thanks...I'll stick with my Yetis.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

I'm thinking the address I found on the internet was incorrect? But on the other side of the street, I did see a huge warehouse with at least two dozen loading docks. The distribution center could of been inside, but I didn't see any "RTIC" signs and the entrance to the loading docks were all fenced off.
@Mike G .....did you ever get in there to see if someone could buy from the source?

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

@Mike G .....did you ever get in there to see if someone could buy from the source?
The place looked like it was locked up like Fort Knox. There were no front doors and both gates were locked up. I maybe down in Fresno on the 7th. I'll check it again to see if I can jump the fence. If you don't hear back from me by next week, that means I've been arrested :tonguewink:

Reactions: NorthStar96

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

The place looked like it was locked up like Fort Knox. There were no front doors and both gates were locked up. I maybe down in Fresno on the 7th. I'll check it again to see if I can jump the fence. If you don't hear back from me by next week, that means I've been arrested :tonguewink:
Corporate office listed at 20702 Hempstead Rd #110, Houston TX 77065. I wonder if there would be better luck there.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greasy Palms work wonders on guards.
Thanks for looking!

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

@NorthStar96, You should check out June's issue of "Four Wheeler Magazine". They did a "Extreme Outdoor Cooler Shootout" and the Yeti Cooler came in Fifth Place. First place was given to Canyon Coolers. Unfortunately RTIC coolers was not listed in the comparison. Also, didn't have time to stop by the RTIC distributer last week. Will try again when I go back to Fresno.

IMG_20160515_203029268.jpg IMG_20160515_203112060.jpg IMG_20160515_203223533.jpg

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

The other day I was checking out the local Army Surplus store and I spotted the Esky 55 Cooler. I have to say that its a pretty cool Cooler :tonguewink:. The things I liked about it was it comes with a cutting board which fits inside the bottom of the lid when not in use. It also has a dry basket and its also made in the USA! Cost was about $380.00 for the 55 quart.

http://www.coleman.com/esky/

Attachments

Chris Zawacki

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA
Member #

I just ordered an RTIC 20 to try out. I have an RTIC tumbler and a Yeti tumbler and with my simple test they had the same results.

Last edited:

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

How's your mandarin?

Yes Yeti has lit them up with lawyers, I don't expect them to survive long, I wouldn't doubt if it was the exact same plant making both.
I forgot about this thread...apparently the lawsuit fizzled, hence the market being flooded with other similar cups from other manufactures.

I've since purchased a lowball, 20oz, 30oz and a 32oz (thermos) of the RTIC brand. They all work great and they're all cheap. In Texas you can buy any of the cups at a Buccees for the same price they sell them for online. About a month ago RTIC slashed their prices again, so now they're really cheap.

Reactions: Chris Zawacki

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I just purchased a spill proof lid on Amazon for my Ozark tumbler and so far it works great. Looking forward to testing it out on the trail.