Ron's 1999 jeep cherokee build

• HTML tutorial

OverlandxjRon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Elkin North Carolina
Member #

Within a few days I started gathering parts and pieces.I kind of started a little different than some folks.The first up grade that I have done or in the process of doing is to regear the axles front and rear to help retain power for the larger wheels and tires I plan on putting on.I have the rear completed and will start on the front in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Making a set up bearing so that it's much easier to set the ring gear and pinion
Bearing slides on and off with ease.
Inside of a Chrysler 8.25 rear axle :)
Getting it put back together.
Finally finished!

Last edited:

Lewthor

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rowlett, TX
Member #

Are you pleased with your results? Looks good in the pic, will look better when prep'd and finished

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Front winch bumper is starting to shape up!

Just wondering if you welded/filled the back side of the top ground/radiused top seems. While working for TJM I learned they do this to all their welded bumper so they do not crack/split later. On big ground radius we would tack in a 1/4" to 1/2" squire fill also.
I know it is kinda late to bring it up now - Daryl

OverlandxjRon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Elkin North Carolina
Member #

Just wondering if you welded/filled the back side of the top ground/radiused top seems. While working for TJM I learned they do this to all their welded bumper so they do not crack/split later. On big ground radius we would tack in a 1/4" to 1/2" squire fill also.
I know it is kinda late to bring it up now - Daryl
Hey Daryl
Actually that's exactly what I did,although I wasn't sure if that was the correct way or not.Me being a novice welder,and using fluxcore wire hopefully it will work out ok.This was my first decent size project welding.So I was kind of winging it the whole time haha.

Reactions: Daryl 32