Liberty Township, OH, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Horton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WSBQ984
Upgraded my rig/daily driver this past weekend. Got some additional equipment coming in ( tow hitch, roof crossbars and basket ). Still not sure about the choice of rims and wheels Mazda decided on but did a little overlanding in northern Michigan this past week and it seems to handle pretty well. Just no rock crawling or anything crazy. But overall pretty happy with it so far.

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Upgraded my rig/daily driver this past weekend. Got some additional equipment coming in ( tow hitch, roof crossbars and basket ). Still not sure about the choice of rims and wheels Mazda decided on but did a little overlanding in northern Michigan this past week and it seems to handle pretty well. Just no rock crawling or anything crazy. But overall pretty happy with it so far.
I Really Like That Color.

Reactions: ThorDev81

ThorDev81

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Liberty Township, OH, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Horton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WSBQ984
I Really Like That Color.
Thanks!

Reactions: DaleRF

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
The next truck mod has been completed. I finally pulled the trigger on some Fox 2.0 coilovers for the front of my truck since I was still stock up there and wanted a little more clearance and a little less rake. The install was a typical PITA that was made worse by breaking a swaybar bracket bolt off in the frame as the swarbar needed to be moved out of the way for the install. I was able to take care of the broken bolt today and put at least a few miles on it, man these Fox coilovers really soak up the bumps nicely. These came preset for 2" of lift, Fox estimated that with the diesel it would ultimately end up being 1-1.5" of lift. Started out with 2-1/8" of lift and now it's about 1.75" of lift after some driving. Hoping it settles a little more, right now it's basically level when the truck is unhitched (Topper, Decked drawers, and stuff in the drawers stay on/in the truck all the time). Hoping to end up where I'm pretty much level with the trailer hooked up, but we'll see. Going to put about 1,000 miles on it and then have an alignment done, which I really need to make sure happens before we head to Colorado in August.

20220618_183349.jpg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
The next truck mod has been completed. I finally pulled the trigger on some Fox 2.0 coilovers for the front of my truck since I was still stock up there and wanted a little more clearance and a little less rake. The install was a typical PITA that was made worse by breaking a swaybar bracket bolt off in the frame as the swarbar needed to be moved out of the way for the install. I was able to take care of the broken bolt today and put at least a few miles on it, man these Fox coilovers really soak up the bumps nicely. These came preset for 2" of lift, Fox estimated that with the diesel it would ultimately end up being 1-1.5" of lift. Started out with 2-1/8" of lift and now it's about 1.75" of lift after some driving. Hoping it settles a little more, right now it's basically level when the truck is unhitched (Topper, Decked drawers, and stuff in the drawers stay on/in the truck all the time). Hoping to end up where I'm pretty much level with the trailer hooked up, but we'll see. Going to put about 1,000 miles on it and then have an alignment done, which I really need to make sure happens before we head to Colorado in August.

View attachment 233451
Awesome! ...and looks great!

Reactions: DRAX