Reoccurring - OB MEET & GREET /TEMPE MARKET PLACE- Arizona southwest region - 11/11/2017

• HTML tutorial

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
The last meetup I went to, I was the only one that showed... I was thinking about creating a new rally point on the north side of Phoenix, a little way out of town. I figured we could actually get off pavement for a meetup.

Any thoughts or interest?

Reactions: CavGeek and Mike Q

tritonl

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

The last meetup I went to, I was the only one that showed... I was thinking about creating a new rally point on the north side of Phoenix, a little way out of town. I figured we could actually get off pavement for a meetup.

Any thoughts or interest?
Am interested, l live in N Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
What do y'all think about this?

Tip Top Mine
https://goo.gl/maps/1dtM4iM7j2n

it will certainly get us out of the mall parking lot and get the tires dirty, but shouldn't be too difficult.

If we get some interest, I'll create a new rally point. We can meet up and ride the trail together, have lunch, and ride back out. Or maybe even camp the night and then ride back out the next day.

As for when, I'd like to shoot for mid July. Fingers crossed we can get some rain prior to the trip, to bring the fire danger down.

Thoughts?

Reactions: jeepdaze

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Max elevation on that route is only ~2600ft, probably gonna be quite hot, even at night. I've been considering putting together a small get together in higher/cooler ground, something like the Chiricahua Mountains, but that might be too far of a drive for all you Phoenix area folks.

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
Max elevation on that route is only ~2600ft, probably gonna be quite hot, even at night. I've been considering putting together a small get together in higher/cooler ground, something like the Chiricahua Mountains, but that might be too far of a drive for all you Phoenix area folks.
Agreed

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Am interested, also maybe we can do a quarterly overnighter, rotate it so we get different areas.....

Just an idea.

I am in Bullhead City.

Jim

Livin the life

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Arizona
Member #

Im down for this. . A meetup soon should be made for the few new people to meet.

Livin the life

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Arizona
Member #

So last minute but this weekend is Crown King Chili Cookoff in Crown King. I will be going up tomorrow, the chilli event is on saturday but will be doing some offroad exploring around the area. If anyone wants to go and doesnt have plans, let me know i can try and save a spot for you. If you want to know details, if you google "crown king chilli cookoff" it will have details there. Anyone wanna go or interested message on here or me.