• HTML tutorial

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

I might be up for that trip but ill have to wait and see
Alright, it looks like I will be able to free up some time in June. Specifically June 26th-30th. Hopefully most of the snow pack is melted by then because I'd like to go up into the Sierra's. Possibly Plumas National Forest area to run Cleghorn Trail in La Porte then tackle Poker Flat from La Porte to Downieville. While out there I'd like to cruise up to Sierra Buttes and check out the fire lookout. Lastly, I'll probably end up at Deer Lake/Gold Valley. If time allows, I might take a stab at Snake Lake. At least, these are my tentative plans. I am open to suggestions and If anyone would like to co-plan the trip with me, that'd be much appreciated.

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

My event organizing days are well behind me but a very cool event would be a HAM training at the top of Mount Diablo. (There is a large overflow lot just before the top). I am a beginner at best so it would be cool to get pointers and then try stuff out. The simplex range from there is great and would allow people from 360 degrees around the mountain that could not make it up to participate on the other end and from quite a distance. Just a thought.

Also, a bit of coordination between the East Bay and HMB meets would be good. They both fell on this past weekend and I choose the other to make a bit of a day out of it.

My hats off to everyone that takes the reins. Event organizing can be frustrate at times as well as thankless. Thanks for the efforts.
It's been tough, thats for sure. But, like I said, I am going to keep organizing it, just on a less demanding of a schedule. I will look into what the other groups are up to, see if any of them would like to collaborate on a meet-up or two. I'm open to the idea of holding classes/demonstrations on almost anything, however I've literally only been overlanding for a year now, so I don't know if my knowledge is up to par enough to share.

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

It's been tough, thats for sure. But, like I said, I am going to keep organizing it, just on a less demanding of a schedule. I will look into what the other groups are up to, see if any of them would like to collaborate on a meet-up or two. I'm open to the idea of holding classes/demonstrations on almost anything, however I've literally only been overlanding for a year now, so I don't know if my knowledge is up to par enough to share.
I am in the same boat and absolutely would love to get some colab on meet ups! we can split the difference or just switch one side of the bay to the other! I have some good ideas for up and coming meet ups, some food related, some gear and education related. Lets catch up after the holiday weekend and chat about getting one going for end of the month or maybe next month. East to West Bay Meet would be awesome. If you decide to head to S.F.O. in Pacifica this weekend we will be around checking it out.

Reactions: sulsurf

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

I still have not made one the meetups due to work and life in general. Thanks for keeping this going. I will make it to one sooner or later. Let me know how I could help.

Reactions: PapaDave

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

hey @RedBeard wanted to reach out and see if you want to colab on a meet up! figure we could meet somewhere in the middle and perhaps a brewery somewhere...alameda for almanac. good photo ops there for people or something in san mateo like devils canyon or something. I can get in contact with the owners and see what they can do for discounts or maybe throw a line to sfo or some vendors and get a big one going. any interest?

sulsurf

Rank I

Contributor III

hey @RedBeard wanted to reach out and see if you want to colab on a meet up! figure we could meet somewhere in the middle and perhaps a brewery somewhere...alameda for almanac. good photo ops there for people or something in san mateo like devils canyon or something. I can get in contact with the owners and see what they can do for discounts or maybe throw a line to sfo or some vendors and get a big one going. any interest?
Looking forward to meeting this crew!

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

Sounds like a plan to me. I was just about to create the rally point for June. I'm open to any ideas.

BogusOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
CaseyAndAshley
Last Name
Bogue
Member #

My husband and I just joined OB and are excited to get out and meet people in our area. We look forward hearing when and where the next meet up will be.

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

Any ideas of when and where the next meetup is?
I'm going to target July. Most likely the 6th. I'll keep everyone posted. If anyone has suggestions or would like to give a crash course on some trail recovery/repair/radio/etc. Please contact me and we can set something up.

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

I'm going to target July. Most likely the 6th. I'll keep everyone posted. If anyone has suggestions or would like to give a crash course on some trail recovery/repair/radio/etc. Please contact me and we can set something up.
I will headed up to Oregon for a long weekend. That being fourth of July weekend I would think most will be out of town. Might have to wait till August if you want to keep it the second weekend of every month.
Just my two cents.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey guys my name is Dave and I’m moving back to Livermore mid-Nov from Ripon CA. I’m interested in starting up a regular monthly meeting. I started the Central California meet up which has been really successful in terms of monthly meetings as well as going on a bunch of trips. Since March we’ve done Mojave Road, Usal Beach, Bodie and Copper Mountain, Plumas NF, OLB Rally, and Death Valley Nov 8-11th coming up. The format that we have found successful has been a two hour meeting that consist of the first hour sitting down doing a meeting while having lunch together somewhere, and then the second hour looking at rigs. I’m curious if Sunday afternoons 1 to 3 PM would work for people? Let me know if you think you’d be interested in attending. I’ve copied a couple people that I know locally and are good people as well. @Budman @Jensini @Anand_S @TacticalBBQ @Kent R
I tried reach out to @RedBeard but I guess you don’t accept personal messages? I also chatted with Michael and though the East bay and Central California meet ups are only 35-40mins apart he doesn’t think it’s too close.

Let me know what you think.

Dave

ps- this is me, sometimes it helps to put a face to a random post
9713255B-2A0F-4A67-B2AD-C22B03FD6869.png

Last edited:

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Plenty of people in the area to support a meet up. I’d be in typically and that time/day are good.
We are looking at the 2nd Sunday 1-3pm, @Budman has a lead on a potentially great place to meet up in Pleasanton. Once we get that nailed down this is HAPPENING! I’m pumped to get this meet up rolling and start hitting the trails together!

Adventure is necessary
EFBD5C5B-B622-4593-B3A0-CFDF26BA9AF5.jpeg5F7DEC99-9346-4A6D-9ADA-A29B3229F276.jpeg2640BA0F-FE5E-4FB4-B742-08F8BBB81BDC.jpeg2975311B-99DF-447C-9B1A-C3E85CD7FA7B.jpeg

Reactions: Budman

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I've been wanting to come to these before that were cancelled. If they start up again, I'm in.
It will start Dec 8th most likely. The second Sunday of November some of us will be in Death Valley on the Central-California-group’s trip that I still currently lead. But I’m handing that group over to some great guys and December 8th we will be locked and loaded for the 2nd Sunday. I’ll put up an official reoccurring Rally Point event once we confirm the venue then we will start planning events. Winter is great for clinics and day runs up to places, and begin to map out spring and summer.

Almost all of us have to plan out vacation time and such so having a road map is always good