Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Hey folks! I've been on the forum for 2-3 years now but really haven't participated much in the last 18 months. We used to live in San Antonio, and have ended up in Round Rock, literally 5 minutes from where this meet happens.

Just wanted to poke my head up and say hey, planning on starting to attend, would love to get to know some of you guys. Planning on showing up for the April gtg!

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Since I assume everybody likes pics, this is what I've spent the last 18 months doing instead of camping.
Trailer is built completely from scratch, all stick welded. This was my Covid / learning to weld project. Late last year I got the Coastal Off-road diy bumper kit for my 4runner, and threw that together over christmas. Learning to weld has been super fun, but our family hadn't been camping in over 18 months. This year is going to involve me setting aside the welding hood and taking our trailer out as much as possible.

Attachments

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Since I assume everybody likes pics, this is what I've spent the last 18 months doing instead of camping.
Trailer is built completely from scratch, all stick welded. This was my Covid / learning to weld project. Late last year I got the Coastal Off-road diy bumper kit for my 4runner, and threw that together over christmas. Learning to weld has been super fun, but our family hadn't been camping in over 18 months. This year is going to involve me setting aside the welding hood and taking our trailer out as much as possible.
Some of us are headed out to Oxford this weekend. Very low key get out of town trip.

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Some of us are headed out to Oxford this weekend. Very low key get out of town trip.
Sounds fun! Is it at Oxford Ranch? We have reservations for Lake Sommerville state park this weekend, but I could be pursuaded to change course.

Also, I'm assuming everybody's cool with kids? Our family is me, my wife, a 3 and a 1 yr old. Our style of camping is laid back, not heavy on drinking, heavy on hanging out and enjoying being outside. Just to make sure that vibes well with you guys.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Sounds fun! Is it at Oxford Ranch? We have reservations for Lake Sommerville state park this weekend, but I could be pursuaded to change course.

Also, I'm assuming everybody's cool with kids? Our family is me, my wife, a 3 and a 1 yr old. Our style of camping is laid back, not heavy on drinking, heavy on hanging out and enjoying being outside. Just to make sure that vibes well with you guys.
No worries about any of that. And don’t change your plans for just for us.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

That's pretty much everyone's vibe on here. :sunglasses:

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

That's pretty much everyone's vibe on here.
I figured-good to know.

I talked with my wife, honestly I sort of want to connect to some more people in the Austin area, so we may go to oxford to meet y'all instead of camping in somerville by ourselves. We'd like to make some more connections with people with similar interests. Do we need to contact anybody at the campsite to pay, or is it just a dropbox honor system?

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I figured-good to know.

I talked with my wife, honestly I sort of want to connect to some more people in the Austin area, so we may go to oxford to meet y'all instead of camping in somerville by ourselves. We'd like to make some more connections with people with similar interests. Do we need to contact anybody at the campsite to pay, or is it just a dropbox honor system?
At Oxford you stop at the front and pay the guy there. Tell him it’s the tent camping area. Not sure how they price a family. For me alone it’s $10 a night.

Reactions: Ben Cleveland

OverlandingDev

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Round Rock, Texas, United States
First Name
Rafael
Last Name
Q
Member #

Man, I wish I could go to the trip this weekend. I dropped the camper shell off on Sunday to get paint matched to the truck and will hopefully be picking it up Saturday. Maybe the next one.

For reference, here’s what she looked like. Soon, she’ll be the Silver Bullet, or surfer... haven’t decided yet.

Attachments

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
FYI - Monthly Meet is still on this Sat (4/3) as normal for those not able to make the Oxford Ranch trip.

Reactions: Sparksalot