First Name
Ken
Last Name
Veltkamp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WSDA676
Fancy shit with them lights! Nice.

I have spacers on mine. To get the bigger tires away from the walls as well as convert the Timbren lugs to Toyota. My 4Runner spare fits the trailer now.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Fancy shit with them lights! Nice.

I have spacers on mine. To get the bigger tires away from the walls as well as convert the Timbren lugs to Toyota. My 4Runner spare fits the trailer now.
Mine barely touch, so I ordered 1/2in spacers. Should do fine.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Well, the trailer has now been out three times. I absolutely love it.

We took it out to overland expo pnw over the weekend, and I picked up some ideas from other trailers of things I'd like to try.

It was neat that my wife was able to spot where some of the ideas that I incorporated into the trailer came from.

My water system worked great, and moving the awning worked really well. I think I heard the tires make contact with the fenders once, but not again after that. Seems like the spacers work well. I definitely need to extend the tounge. When the trailer is hooked up to the Xterra, I can't open the tire carrier, as it needs about 3-4 inches to clear the fridge box.

My solution for the immediate future is to get a 12 inch hitch extension. I know it's not ideal, and it moves the tow point farther behind the axle, but the springs on my Xterra should be able to handle the weight.

The next project is moving the sensor interface box to the fridge box, so I can hook up my water tank sensor.

Reactions: WYWander