Rank III

Enthusiast III

Glenwood, Washington, United States
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Oldenburg
Member #

I recently installed the CBI dual swing bumper to my 5th Gen 4runner. Now I would like to see people's set up on their rear bumpers. I can visualize it better now that my bumper is actually on my 4runner. It looks like the two main set ups are Jerry Cans in a little box set up OR rotopax. I would like to carry extra gas and probably recovery boards for sure.

I guess I am just reaching out to the group for opinions, photos of your set up and advice. Thanks!!

AO

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I like to keep it simple. A bag on the rear tire for trash and not much else. If you need to actually use the spare it is nice to not have to dismantle 15 things off your tire. I also carry a couple scepters for water and I usually leave my little electric faucet on it so its fast to deploy camp.

1677255230025.png1677255195720.png

Reactions: TeachAO

TeachAO

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Glenwood, Washington, United States
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Oldenburg
Member #

I like to keep it simple. A bag on the rear tire for trash and not much else. If you need to actually use the spare it is nice to not have to dismantle 15 things off your tire. I also carry a couple scepters for water and I usually leave my little electric faucet on it so its fast to deploy camp.

View attachment 250684View attachment 250683
I like this set up. I was just thinking of having a jerry can for fuel along with my water.