Q&A > Jeep Models > Any problems? Need part numbers? > Wiring plans needed? etc... ? >>> Ask me!

• HTML tutorial

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I wasnt happy so I went all the way. I checked and checked and noticed again it goes up on a battery and down on a battery. had to swap plus and minus.
So in down position I could go up again when installed.
Then I took the connectors and swopped them and yes it went down. So, no, for the time being I will, if it works out with an old switch I have, make a two way switch in between so I can reverse the cables.
That should do it for now.

Reactions: El-Dracho

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

A problem?
Yes it was, and no it isnt solved yet.
What is it?
The window of my Jeep on the passenger side didnt go down. As it was all up, I couldnt tell if that was all.
So, after some trial and error I decided to buy a new switch and then we noticed, it aint the switch.
Secondly we noticed some power not going to the window motor.
Solved as the cable was a bit loose. But then it still didnt work.
No power arrived at the window motor even as there was power on that cable right behind the switch.
So a flying calbe made and still it didnt work.

After receiving a tool that helped me to get the connector apart I just changed the up en down cable, and look at that, it went down.
Have to mention that I took out the whole regulator and checked the motor by a battery. That worked, so it should be something in the cables.

Still nothing found, but I new I could change the cables and it would work.
So, a double side switch which I still had, and some extra wiring and voila, now with a bypass the window can go up and down again.

So it aint a problem anymore, but it aint solved eighter. Hopefully someone knows what the problem can be.
Cable, maybe, but wy does it work up and not down, and why just nimus and not positive. Questions that can lead to an answer that will solve the "problem" and make the Jeep back into a original functioning car again.
Here the visible switch of all the hard work I had with this bypass and the wayt to this solution.
20210804_200018.jpg