Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I'm in IT. Windows 10 says "Hi" to me every time I build a new machine. I'm not sure i like that.

Because if the resurgence in COVID numbers, we are going back to a skeleton crew at work. They said "you gonna be ok to work via remote again?"
I said " I'm in IT. When im in my office, I remote to various servers in the data center and computers across our service area. I work 'remote's every day."

That's not entirely true of course, but mostly tru

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We are enjoying it. Wife got her home office set up and permanently working from home as her employer approved our request. I am working on some new business ventures so I will be home based too. We now can work from anywhere we have internet access. Opens up lots of doors for us now.

Reactions: Downs

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

I'm glad I'm one of those folks that doesn't crave human interaction. This whole thing has been pretty much business as usual for me.
I'm pretty anti social myself nowadays. No facebook, no instagram, no twitter.

Original music on Youtube, and a few forums. I had nearly quit gigging live long before this.

Reactions: Downs

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
We are enjoying it. Wife got her home office set up and permanently working from home as her employer approved our request. I am working on some new business ventures so I will be home based too. We now can work from anywhere we have internet access. Opens up lots of doors for us now.
Looks like it may be time to get in on the Starlink setup. Work remote from an alpine lake somewhere :D

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
same! It’s hard to wrench remotely haha
I am doing that, but on my own time, with clients I choose. I am not doing just anyone's work anymore. Got burned by that last time round. Mostly my fault since I let the bike go out of my shop before payment. But it was someone who I gave more than a million dollars worth of business to when I was in construction. I figured he was trustworthy, GUESSED WRONG. The other one was someone who thought, just because I was operating my business from my garage I was an underground mechanic, and when he got my bill, he flipped. I told him, I am a legitimate business, paying business tax etc here, now PAY UP!

Reactions: MazeVX and Downs

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
I am doing that, but on my own time, with clients I choose. I am not doing just anyone's work anymore. Got burned by that last time round. Mostly my fault since I let the bike go out of my shop before payment. But it was someone who I gave more than a million dollars worth of business to when I was in construction. I figured he was trustworthy, GUESSED WRONG. The other one was someone who thought, just because I was operating my business from my garage I was an underground mechanic, and when he got my bill, he flipped. I told him, I am a legitimate business, paying business tax etc here, now PAY UP!
I also did this from home for a year professionally. I used to be a light duty diesel tech and had a 100 mile radius to myself so I was busy. But I got burnt out and switched back to an 8-5, now I’m in the marine buisness and enjoy it a lot more.

still would rather be making 100k sitting online for a few hours a day

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

It has been regular business for me since the start, we did go down to a skeleton crew the first time and this time I dont think we are. I dont like large crowds either but its been fine with everything else I do

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
This past year's politics and current events have helped to wean me back off of social media for the most part, got tired of everyone trashing each other and the general hate going around if you don't agree with what others believe. No longer following all the chaos and things I can't do anything about has defiantly improved my mood and outlook. The only devices left in the house that might say Hi and attempt communication are the Alexa Fire TV boxes, and they are on a short rope currently due to their general refusal to do what they are asked too .. lol. I have worked remotely for the past 4 years and love it (although now with Zoom and all the the other virtual meeting platforms it is almost like 'being there' which I don' love), now working on getting Michelle to be able to work remote so we can roam around the country. I do miss the in person Rally Points and get togethers though.

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

yeah, right now kitchen appliances will say "Hi", wont be long and they will turn into HAL from 2001 A Space Odyssey....:dizzy:

View attachment 180350
”I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that”. Great movie! A little weird at times but ground breaking when released. And of course HAL was the ”precursor” to IBM (H before I, A before B and L before M :-)

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

yeah, right now kitchen appliances will say "Hi", wont be long and they will turn into HAL from 2001 A Space Odyssey....:dizzy:
View attachment 180350
”I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that”. Great movie! A little weird at times but ground breaking when released. And of course HAL was the ”precursor” to IBM (H before I, A before B and L before M :-)
Except now it'll be, "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that. I saw how many cookies you took and your cholesterol has exceeded maximum limits by 3.8%....have a fresh bowl of ice".

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR

View attachment 180350
Always loved that movie, especially since I am a Dave .. or more often 'Hey you' or something worse lol. Now going to have to go watch it:)