Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

@Road what is the brand on that chuck box? That is the first one I've seen that really hits everything I want. Awesome setup dude!
I think the Beaver Tree kitchen boxes are out of production. Hope I'm wrong...
Mine is the Beaver Tree Camp Kitchen, originally made by the Newman Lee Co in Fall Tree, WI.

These are so handy it's rare to see them for sale used, though I got mine for $50, I think it was, with a vintage Coleman two-burner inside. They used to go new for $199 at Dom's Outfitters (no longer in biz).

They are no longer made by Newman Lee, though another company evidently bought the molds or design rights and is making them under the name the Chuck Box Camp Kitchen, though for $329.00 and are currently out of stock.
The new company kitchen boxes have a slightly different look as far as the plastic used and I have to wonder if they're using the same materials.

I love my Beaver Tree and use it constantly when adventuring, whether just van or van and trailer.

beavertree-kitchen_6793-900.jpeg
beavertree_2729x800.jpg

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
This was my setup in the Toyota, and will probably do the same with the F250. Made the chuck box and found the kitchen gear on sale at JC Penney. Works great and cost was low.
Zim
chuckbox2.JPG

washingtonsp5.JPG

Also built a swing out kitchen rack that attaches to the tailgate for shorter trips when a full kitchen is not needed.

kitchen2.jpg
I moved this to the other side eventually. Works on both sides.

Cap'n Jack

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Blair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TCO
Service Branch
Army

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
hey man, would love to know where you sourced the cover for your trailer?

Mine was custom built. This is the company, I’m sure any canvas/awning type provider can custom build one. Lots of changes on mine since that old post, constantly evolving

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We prefer a very simple camping kitchen. Either a single burner gas stove with frying pan, pot or kettle or directly cooking and grilling on the campfire. So we have no long assembly and disassembly times and can use the time saved to do something cool, to go out into nature, to look at something. Also, I don't like lugging around half a household or more, because that's why I go out into nature and travel: the simple life without a lot of stuff I have to care about. Here are a some photos:

Cooking.jpg

Stove.jpg

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
I built this kitchen in 2019 from plans posted here on overland bound (thanks to Dave, his design, and willingness to share with this community). Made a few custom changes but the idea was about the same. it's built form 5/8" Baltic Birch with box corners and sealed with Minwax Helmsmen urethane coating. I added lights under the tops, under the stove, and on the bottom to light everything up at night. Didn't do a sink but the stove has ceramic heads to help in the wind. My favorite part is the center cover over the stove. Our little town library was fortunate enough to install a "maker space" that had a laser cutter / engraver. turned out better than I could have imagined. The kids and I have put a lot of love into this project and it makes base camp special. It's for sale by the way.....time for another fun project!!!
20200519_172122.jpg20200622_062758.jpg20200408_211007.jpgquicksquarenew_20205201814777.jpg

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Does anyone try to use Clearview kitchen set up? Looks interesting but not sure about quality build .

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I built this kitchen in 2019 from plans posted here on overland bound (thanks to Dave, his design, and willingness to share with this community). Made a few custom changes but the idea was about the same. it's built form 5/8" Baltic Birch with box corners and sealed with Minwax Helmsmen urethane coating. I added lights under the tops, under the stove, and on the bottom to light everything up at night. Didn't do a sink but the stove has ceramic heads to help in the wind. My favorite part is the center cover over the stove. Our little town library was fortunate enough to install a "maker space" that had a laser cutter / engraver. turned out better than I could have imagined. The kids and I have put a lot of love into this project and it makes base camp special. It's for sale by the way.....time for another fun project!!!
View attachment 219387View attachment 219388View attachment 219389View attachment 219390
I love the mountain backdrop behind the stove with the quote from "The Cremation of Sam McGee". Very cool.

Reactions: Flyfishin.aa.ron

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
View attachment 219387View attachment 219388View attachment 219389View attachment 219390
I love the mountain backdrop behind the stove with the quote from "The Cremation of Sam McGee". Very cool.
It's our campfire tradition to read that poem every trip.... the kids love it!

Reactions: CR-Venturer

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Built my table and chuck box about 15 years ago when I was involved in mountain man rendezvous. Also something of a Coleman enthusiast, hence the somewhat customized three burner. Now that I’m getting into this new craze...that is overlanding, I will probably, at some point, start looking at drawer slides and a bed deck. For now tho, this old mammoth of a chuck box, in every sense of the word, is what I’m using. Luckily, it all fits in the truck bed trailer now that I’m upstairs in the roof tent...

Attachments

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Since I do not have kids to feed (unless you count fur-babies) and usually go solo I keep it simple.
Stove, gas, one stackable-packable pot with cups, a packable coffee filter, a long handled spoon and sometimes if I am feeling squirrelly I might take a packable frying pan to make a breakfast sausage sandwiches in the morning.

E0F9A9AE-BB67-4556-A516-82C5F189226C.jpeg
August at June Lake 2021

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Since I do not have kids to feed (unless you count fur-babies) and usually go solo I keep it simple.
Stove, gas, one stackable-packable pot with cups, a packable coffee filter, a long handled spoon and sometimes if I am feeling squirrelly I might take a packable frying pan to make a breakfast sausage sandwiches in the morning.

View attachment 219463
August at June Lake 2021
I camped at Silver Lake in August. Much better than staying in the Valley. The drive up to Tioga Pass is breathtaking, one of my all-time favorites. Went back in October and it was beautiful, all golden aspen trees and a bit of snow on the mountains. I hope you were able to visit the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest - take the drive all the way up to Barcroft gate and stop by the Patriarch Grove. Also, Bodie State Park, a cool ghost mining town.

Reactions: Advtres

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

View attachment 219463
August at June Lake 2021
Supercool. I like those simple setups. Back to the roots.

syncro

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Tim
Last Name
K
Member #

Finger joints? Now you're just showing off! (lol, seriously I love it).