Possibly moving from Vegas to NW Arkansas

• HTML tutorial

Silverback_WK2

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tontitown, AR
Member #

After 9 Days in NWA I am ready to move here. I’ve had an opportunity to see a bit of the area around Bentonville and it looks like a great place to live. The best part I’ve found so far is how friendly Arkanasans can be.
Cool!
I'm moving back end of May!
If you have a mountain bike, you'll be in the mecca of mtn biking in the midwest.
If you do not have a mountain bike, GET ONE!

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

After 9 Days in NWA I am ready to move here. I’ve had an opportunity to see a bit of the area around Bentonville and it looks like a great place to live. The best part I’ve found so far is how friendly Arkanasans can be.
NW part of AR is a little crowded for me lol. It is very beautiful up there but being a part of the fastest growing area in the country is not appealing to me. But the good thing about it is it doesn't take long to get off the beaten path and enjoy the beauty of the area. You have everything you need at your fingertips. And we have some good people up there. Look forward to having you around if it works out.

Reactions: Silverback_WK2

Silverback_WK2

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tontitown, AR
Member #

NW part of AR is a little crowded for me lol. It is very beautiful up there but being a part of the fastest growing area in the country is not appealing to me. But the good thing about it is it doesn't take long to get off the beaten path and enjoy the beauty of the area. You have everything you need at your fingertips. And we have some good people up there. Look forward to having you around if it works out.
Brofessor, hey man, I'm the one at the bonfire that was thoroughly checking out your OzTent.
Hopefully be running into you more often as I'm moving back to NWA at the end of this month.
I guess I said something right at the job interview up there!

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Brofessor, hey man, I'm the one at the bonfire that was thoroughly checking out your OzTent.
Hopefully be running into you more often as I'm moving back to NWA at the end of this month.
I guess I said something right at the job interview up there!
Thats awesome bro! We will be glad to have you back full time!

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Update...

My wife is headed to Arkansas on Sunday to look at some property. She has her eye on one just south of Gravette. It’s a 2400 sq. ft. house on just over 5 acres and has a detached garage/shop/guest quarters. I guess it used to home to the American K-9 Academy which is perfect because we have big dogs. It looks like this might actually be happening.

Spent some time looking at google maps and there seems to be quite a bit of camping in and around the AR/OK/MO tristate area.

Reactions: Beer Hounds

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I love Arkansas, specifically the Ozarks area around Cass. It's about a 4hr drive for me and well worth it. The people, trails, scenery is all fantastic. I think you are really going to enjoy it. It will be a lot more humid than Vegas but that's what swimming holes are for.
Cass is only about 2 hrs from where we are looking. Good to know.

Last edited:

Silverback_WK2

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tontitown, AR
Member #

Update...

My wife is headed to Arkansas on Sunday to look at some property. She has her eye on one just south of Gravette. It’s a 2400 sq. ft. house on just over 5 acres and has a detached garage/shop/guest quarters. I guess it used to home to the American K-9 Academy which is perfect because we have big dogs. It looks like this might actually be happening.

Spent some time looking at google maps and there seems to be quite a bit of camping in and around the AR/OK/MO tristate area.
Right on!
Hope it works out for you all.
My office is very near Gravette and I live south of there outside of Springdale.
If you need anything, let me know. I can try to help out from my end.

Reactions: vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

So looks like an offer on a property in Gravette was accepted. 5.25 acres, 2400 sq ft ranch style house with 20’x60’ detached garage/shop. Expect to move mid December. Yeah, I’m pretty excited. Originally my wife was looking at the K-9 Academy property, but the one next door was also for sale and we preferred that one.

C4C3FB53-35A9-4D7D-A697-E1704277A9A8.png

Beer Hounds

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakeville, MN, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Pettit
Member #

That's a really nice place, we have friends that live down that road and we have seen it many times. That is a really nice area also, very quiet.

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Spent the weekend in NWA and it was amazing. We had the inspection of the house we are buying on Friday and this was the first time I saw the property in person. To say I am excited about moving is an understatement. Spent the weekend exploring the area and it will be good to be back 8n the country again. We close 11/21 via FedEx from Vegas and expect to be in the new house 12/15.

2598EC50-E069-4F59-B9C5-B195364A16B3.jpeg

6928A1D7-5275-49AC-99C3-7C4AE8D358BB.jpeg

3FDACB4F-C7C3-4364-B9A1-361E3EF30C35.jpeg

4E98513D-9E3B-4600-9F1F-9D26F17E8A40.jpeg

Last edited: