Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Amazon has a bunch of portable power stations on sale currently.

Bluetti AC180 - 50% off

Ecoflow Delta 2 - 50% off

Lots of other deals too.

What are y’all’s thoughts on portable power stations? Worth the money? Better to go with a gas generator? Let’s hear your two cents worth!
I have the Ecoflow Delta 2. We have been happy with it. Runs my small fridge for about 3 days during the spring and fall in New England. Also did a good job at running a sump pump at my camp for about 2 hours. I think they are worth the money. I really like the lack of noise vs a generator. Really depends on your use case if a portable battery will work for you. Run some lights, fridge, and recharge your electronics. Works perfectly. Want to run power tools, AC, welders, multiple TVs. generator.

Reactions: NOMAD_ACTUAL

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i have a delta 2 that i really like and also a jackery that is ok. i built my own power station with a shunt for accurate monitoring and used a 280ah lifepo4 battery with usb ports, 3kw inverter, etc. i also have several generators. living in south louisiana and getting month long power outages after storms had me step up my power game...

also have several mppt controllers with 300w solar panels to keep batteries charged during the day. i also use large capacity batteries with inverters hooked directly to them for running box fans and low amp lights. we get pegged yearly with enough hurricanes where i use generators and power stations and really anything i can get my hands on that will output a voltage.

Reactions: NOMAD_ACTUAL