Launch Member

Contributor III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Hello folks. I hope every one is staying safe in these times. Has anyone run the Plumas Backcountry Discovery trail ? I was thinking about running it in mid July. thanks in advance!

Last edited:

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Thats funny, I just discovered this today. My wife and I are going on vacation in a couple of weeks and we may do part of this route.

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
This looks interesting. Not sure if I can get any time off in July, but was wondering how many days your're planning on taking off if you want some company?

Seanrob

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

This looks interesting. Not sure if I can get any time off in July, but was wondering how many days your're planning on taking off if you want some company?
Fly Boy thanks for the reply. Currently the situation is fluid. We have reservations at a campsite elsewhere, but I saw this while doing research for other places. I'm still trying to convince the wife this would be a better plan. We are new to getting out and doing overland trips and she thinks every trip is like the Rubicon. If it becomes official I will hit you back. I do think if I get her out, we will be taking it slow. Probably do a section of the trail and camp more than drive. The world feels like its falling apart and we want to take it easy. I was trying to find out what the conditions were like. I got to ease her into doing trips. From what I have read it looks like an easy ride with the exception of Poker flat. Be safe.

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Thanks Sean. If you don't make this trip have fun wherever you go. Stay well.

Justin

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello folks. I hope every one is staying safe in these times. Has anyone run the Plumas Backcountry Discovery trail ? I was thinking about running it in mid July. thanks in advance!
The guide book on your link, is a good resource. You can also get a hard copy from the forest.

Seanrob

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

The guide book on your link, is a good resource. You can also get a hard copy from the forest.
Thanks. I printed that out when I found it. Just looking for resent conditions seeing how Forest service is not answering their phones.