Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cantonment, Florida, United States
First Name
kenny
Last Name
ehresman
Member #

Looking for recommendations on where to Overland in Vegas. I know there are tons of places, looking for some recommendations. I will have my Bronco Sport and my custom overland trailer.

We plan on stopping the first night at North Plann NE, and then Blue Mesa Reservation CO the second night. Just looking for some other recommendations while we are in Vegas for the few days we are there. We plan on staying at the Grand Canyon as well and if anyone knows some good places we can setup. We are leaving for Vegas the 30th and will be out there for the whole week.

Attachments

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Looking for recommendations on where to Overland in Vegas. I know there are tons of places, looking for some recommendations. I will have my Bronco Sport and my custom overland trailer.

We plan on stopping the first night at North Plann NE, and then Blue Mesa Reservation CO the second night. Just looking for some other recommendations while we are in Vegas for the few days we are there. We plan on staying at the Grand Canyon as well and if anyone knows some good places we can setup. We are leaving for Vegas the 30th and will be out there for the whole week.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are some trails around Logandale/Overton-North on I-15 of Vegas. There are trails out around Jean/Roach dry lake South of Vegas off I-15, also some trails behind Goodsprings NV West of Jean NV. One of which would lead North and connect with US 160 near Blue Diamond. Another (near their fire station) that would take you over the mountain and into Sandy Valley. It would lead you to the paved road back to Goodsprings and Jean. These are all easy sightseeing runs that are only a couple hours or less each. Enjoy your trip here:sunglasses:OBLogo-Gold_Outlined_100x.png

PS: There is also Mount Charleston up US 95 where you could find some dispersed camping or in a camp ground if so inclined. We just got our first snow at 7200 feet last week. All 3 areas are either 30 minutes to an hour out of town.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*******One other thing from the middle of town at the "spaghetti bowl" inter-change is construction work and morning rush hour along the I-15 corridor. Expect delays from both coming into town from North and South.*****
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instgram @Desertrunner_LV

Last edited:

alien_bronco

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cantonment, Florida, United States
First Name
kenny
Last Name
ehresman
Member #

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are some trails around Logandale/Overton-North on I-15 of Vegas. There are trails out around Jean/Roach dry lake South of Vegas off I-15, also some trails behind Goodsprings NV West of Jean NV. One of which would lead North and connect with US 160 near Blue Diamond. Another (near their fire station) that would take you over the mountain and into Sandy Valley. It would lead you to the paved road back to Goodsprings and Jean. These are all easy sightseeing runs that are only a couple hours or less each. Enjoy your trip here:sunglasses:View attachment 212956

PS: There is also Mount Charleston up US 95 where you could find some dispersed camping or in a camp ground if so inclined. We just got our first snow at 7200 feet last week. All 3 areas are either 30 minutes to an hour out of town.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*******One other thing from the middle of town at the "spaghetti bowl" inter-change is construction work and morning rush hour along the I-15 corridor. Expect delays from both coming into town from North and South.*****
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instgram @Desertrunner_LV
Thanks looking forward to coming out and experience the overlanding out west. WE have been car camping for years but its time to upgrade as we are older and want some comforts now.