Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I have a set of 5- 17x8.5” Icon Vehicle Dynamics Alloys “Six Speed“ wheels in Satin Black finish. The bolt pattern is 5x150. I ran them on my Tundra. They were one of the only 17“ wheels that would clear the calipers on the Tundra. Backspacing is 5.75” and offset is 25mm. Included with the wheels will be 4- 295/70R17 BFGoodrich KM3 (Load Range E) tires that are basically brand new. I think that I put 3k miles on them before I removed them for the winter and then decided to upgrade vehicles. The fifth wheel has a brand new Cooper Discovery AT3 tire on it, which was my spare and rode under my truck for 2 years. Wheels are in great shape they just need to be cleaned up.
I know how much joy overlanding brought to my family and how much building a rig can cost. I hope to be able to hope someone that is putting together a rig that they intend to take their family out in. Hopefully a tire and wheel upgrade being paid forward may help them to use the money to purchase some other gear to make their time more enjoyable. I feel very fortunate to have been able to upgrade vehicles and am excited to pass the tire and wheel combo on to someone that will put them to good use bringing their family out to enjoy nature.
Obviously due to the size I will not ship them but I am willing to drive to meet someone to pass them along. If the distance is too far maybe we can draw on the community to help relay the tires and wheels if they need to go from Coast to Coast.

If someone is interested please PM me with your overlanding story including a description of the vehicle you are building. I will share the story with my family and they will decide. View attachment 188160View attachment 188161View attachment 188162
That's seriously cool!

Increscent Adventures

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Hampshire
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Brown
Member #

I have a set of 5- 17x8.5” Icon Vehicle Dynamics Alloys “Six Speed“ wheels in Satin Black finish. The bolt pattern is 5x150. I ran them on my Tundra. They were one of the only 17“ wheels that would clear the calipers on the Tundra. Backspacing is 5.75” and offset is 25mm. Included with the wheels will be 4- 295/70R17 BFGoodrich KM3 (Load Range E) tires that are basically brand new. I think that I put 3k miles on them before I removed them for the winter and then decided to upgrade vehicles. The fifth wheel has a brand new Cooper Discovery AT3 tire on it, which was my spare and rode under my truck for 2 years. Wheels are in great shape they just need to be cleaned up.
I know how much joy overlanding brought to my family and how much building a rig can cost. I hope to be able to help someone that is putting together a rig that they intend to take their family out in. Hopefully a tire and wheel upgrade being paid forward may help them to use the money to purchase some other gear to make their time more enjoyable. I feel very fortunate to have been able to upgrade vehicles and am excited to pass the tire and wheel combo on to someone that will put them to good use bringing their family out to enjoy nature.
Obviously due to the size I will not ship them but I am willing to drive to meet someone to pass them along. If the distance is too far maybe we can draw on the community to help relay the tires and wheels if they need to go from Coast to Coast.

If someone is interested please PM me with your overlanding story including a description of the vehicle you are building. I will share the story with my family and they will decide. View attachment 188160View attachment 188161View attachment 188162
I am just checking in to see if anyone is interested or knows anyone that would be interested in the wheels and tires. As mentioned in the first post I would like for them to go to someone who is doing a build and has a family that they plan to take with them. I posted in the member section but at this point if someone isn't a community member I would be open to "paying it forward" to them...or they could pay the OB membership fee become part of the community and get a couple thousand dollars worth of wheels and tires!

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

1st Item:

20210311_163934.jpg

I have a pair of these Trail Gear sliders that have been sitting after I decided a few years ago that I no longer needed them.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/trail-gear-rock-slider-kit-bare-steel-120022-1-kit/_/R-FLCL-120022-1-KIT

THIS PRODUCT FITS THE FOLLOWING:
  • 2007 Toyota Tacoma Base
  • 2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner
  • 2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
  • 2006 Toyota Tacoma Base
  • 2006 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner
  • 2006 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
  • 2005 Toyota Tacoma Base
  • 2005 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner
  • 2005 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

They have been sitting outside in the elements and as such, are covered with surface rust.

I don't know how salvageable they are or if they are only good for scrap. Maybe you have a beater rock crawler rig that could use them?

Before I take them to the scrap yard, is there anyone here who might have a use for them?

2nd Item:

20210311_163925.jpg
I also upgraded my Class III trailer hitch to a Class V so I no longer need the OEM hitch.

It has a little rust but it is still fairly solid. Will come with all the mounting bolts that I had to remove to install my Class V hitch.

The trailer hitch wiring socket was removed and relocated on my rear bumper so that is not included.

I'm located in Pacifica and will leave in the driveway for contactless pickup.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Just curious. I noticed this Pay if Forward thread is only here in the Members sections.

Is there any reason we don't have one in the regular classifieds?

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
1st Item:

View attachment 190859

I have a pair of these Trail Gear sliders that have been sitting after I decided a few years ago that I no longer needed them.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/trail-gear-rock-slider-kit-bare-steel-120022-1-kit/_/R-FLCL-120022-1-KIT

They have been sitting outside in the elements and as such, are covered with surface rust.

I don't know how salvageable they are or if they are only good for scrap. Maybe you have a beater rock crawler rig that could use them?

Before I take them to the scrap yard, is there anyone here who might have a use for them?

2nd Item:

View attachment 190858
I also upgraded my Class III trailer hitch to a Class V so I no longer need the OEM hitch.

It has a little rust but it is still fairly solid. Will come with all the mounting bolts that I had to remove to install my Class V hitch.

The trailer hitch wiring socket was removed and relocated on my rear bumper so that is not included.

I'm located in Pacifica and will leave in the driveway for contactless pickup.

Cheers!
BTW, what vehicle do These items fit?

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

I see it as a way to help fellow members get or upgrade hardware.
Yup. I can see that the mods want to limit access to members only.

BTW, what vehicle do These items fit?
There is a list of vehicles at the bottom of the link I posted.

THIS PRODUCT FITS THE FOLLOWING:
  • 2007 Toyota Tacoma Base
  • 2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner
  • 2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
  • 2006 Toyota Tacoma Base
  • 2006 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner
  • 2006 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
  • 2005 Toyota Tacoma Base
  • 2005 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner
  • 2005 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparksalot

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Unfortunately these are too big and heavy for me to bother with prepping for shipping. Happy to leave them out for you to pick up locally if you want to make the trek to the SF Bay Area.
@Jim SoG

FYI Car parts are shipped UPS all the time with nothing but a shipping label taped to the part. Problem will likely be the cost of paying for oversize shipping.

Boort

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

@Jim SoG

FYI Car parts are shipped UPS all the time with nothing but a shipping label taped to the part. Problem will likely be the cost of paying for oversize shipping.

Boort
You are right. @Jim SoG, if you want to pay for a shipping label for them, I have no problem leaving them out for the driver to pick up. I am going to assume you are interested in the sliders and not the hitch?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
You are right. @Jim SoG, if you want to pay for a shipping label for them, I have no problem leaving them out for the driver to pick up. I am going to assume you are interested in the sliders and not the hitch?
Correct, no hitch. I did a UPS test, not knowing exact info, got slow mode $39 from 94122 (random SF zip) to me. So are you willing to ship if i pay? I can paypal you or?
If to much a pain I can totally understand.

PM sent

Jim

Reactions: Boort

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

Ok this is the best thread on OB!! Amazed at the generosity of the community. Nice to see the old school community mentality of helping those in need is more important than money. Warms my heart .

That being said, I’d like to contribute.

I have full front and rear arms off a 2004 4runner that I took off to upgrade. All the bushings & ball joints are shot but still I great condition structurally. Just need new bushings (pretty cheap) pressed in. If you’ve bent yours or your bushings are shot, take these to rebuild so you’re not without you truck while you fix em.

Fits 03-09 4runners (all models)
Front:
Upper & lower control arms
D4C36FF6-57B2-4170-B55A-8F63AD68CD36.jpeg
sorry no pics of lowers.

Rear:
Upper and lower trailing arms + panhard bar
AEE8BF29-7787-47AC-B02A-14E824D6F659.jpeg

I also have a pair of rear tail lights in perfect condition. I upgraded to led 06-09 tails.
C46B51E4-8C13-4340-B8AF-59C24E4AB464.jpeg

I know it’s not much or new stuff but Free to anyone that needs them.

local pick up only please. I’m in SoCal near Ontario.

Thanks to OP and all the OB community for this brilliant idea. Keep it going!!

BTW: They should use this thread as a sales pitch for new members. If this wasn’t worth the couple dollars for membership, I don’t know what is lol.

Cheers!

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Free to good home. Local pickup only in the Austin area, due to size and weight. unless you have a freight connection.

All aluminum locker. This started life as a storage, weapon and scale locker in a highway patrol Tahoe. I’ve made drawers to fit in the scale slots. The cargo barrier is not included.

dimenisions are 48” wide, 40” deep, and 23” to the top of the hold down lip. material is 1/8” aluminum, and is hefty.
View attachment 182746View attachment 182747View attachment 182748View attachment 182749View attachment 182750
This is back up for the taking. I received this from Rex, the original poster of this item. I thought I would be able to use it but have not been able to so want to post it in case somebody else can use it. I am just north of Austin This is a very well built cabinet, just large.

Last edited:

Gone_xtrkn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Brendon
Last Name
P
Member #

Have a Thule Tepui double boot bag lying around if anyone wants it. Tepui branded but will work with any RTT with an extending ladder since it just attaches to the top rung of the ladder.

Brand new, only used once. Just decided that I prefer the flexibility of my DIY gear hammock under the tent.

DM me to claim it, should be easy enough to ship if necessary.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Have a Thule Tepui double boot bag lying around if anyone wants it. Tepui branded but will work with any RTT with an extending ladder since it just attaches to the top rung of the ladder.

Brand new, only used once. Just decided that I prefer the flexibility of my DIY gear hammock under the tent.

DM me to claim it, should be easy enough to ship if necessary.
That’s cool.

Reactions: Aussie571
Status
Not open for further replies.