Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Dave from Philly with my 2008 Nissan Xterra here. I’m mostly exploring Wharton State Forest and Famous Reading Outdoors at this point. Just getting into wheeling, overlanding and such.

View attachment 164764
Welcome Dave, there's a few here from the Philly area

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Thanks, there’s always a bit of a drive to anyplace not paved from Philly it seems. Wharton isn’t bad and I’ve been going up to the Pine Grove Area for years for spirited drives on PA 125 on motorcycles and in sports cars.
Welcome Dave! I’m guilty of removing large amounts of tire life tearing up and down 125 as well haha.

Reactions: DesmosDromos

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say hi as I just bought a second place in PA and will be here mostly full time. I am OLD timer with OB and have been here since the beginning, but took a few breaks. I wanted to say howdy from Ronks, PA (Lancaster County). Thanks!

-David
Welcome to Pennsyltucky David!

Reactions: finlayforprez

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Is everyone out enjoying the outdoors via off pavement travel and dispersed camping?

It has been quite here lately

We haven't been back to the forest but we have camped every weekend with the travel trailer.

Lots of people became campers this year...and that really hasn't been a good thing.

But, it is nice to see people using the resources and showing interest to help with future projects.

riss800

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reinholds, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Risser
Member #

Whats up from Lanc. Co! Picked up my FJ about a month ago outside York and am itching to get it on the trails to see what it can do! Anyone planning any trail rides?
That's a great FJ - I love it! I am in Ronks, PA myself (Lancaster

Great to see some other people from Lancaster County like myself! I am in Reinholds, it would be great to get together for a ride or meet up.

RCooney

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Cooney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3OXS
View attachment 167889Hello all. I'm Tom and this is my 2012 frontier. I'm originally from Jersey Shore but my wife and I are living in Vegas right now. We are in the plan's off moving back to the Jersey Shore area in a few months.
Lots of great areas to explore near Jersey Shore. Nicely placed between Bald Eagle, Rothrock, Moshannon, Tiago, and Tiadaghton state forests!

riss800

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reinholds, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Risser
Member #

View attachment 167889Hello all. I'm Tom and this is my 2012 frontier. I'm originally from Jersey Shore but my wife and I AGREE living in Vegas right now. We are in the plan's off moving back to the Jersey Shore area in a few months.
Lots of great areas to explore near Jersey Shore. Nicely placed between Bald Eagle, Rothrock, Moshannon, Tiago, and Tiadaghton state forests!
I would like to explore the pine Barrons sometime.

FZJ80PA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

PA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Cee
Member #

Lancaster Area here, Central PA Overland group on Facebook (which I started in 2018) has over 800 members and theres normally folks out and about every weekend doing something.

Might hit Michaux this weekend on Saturday.

Attachments

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Lancaster Area here, Central PA Overland group on Facebook (which I started in 2018) has over 800 members and theres normally folks out and about every weekend doing something.
Howdy from Ronks! I don't have facebook or any social media (except this site), could you post here (or send me a message) if you guys are doing a Lancaster County meet up? That's amazing you have +800 members in central PA! I used to do much more overlanding when I lived out west, not too much here.

FZJ80PA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

PA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Cee
Member #

Howdy from Ronks! I don't have facebook or any social media (except this site), could you post here (or send me a message) if you guys are doing a Lancaster County meet up? That's amazing you have +800 members in central PA! I used to do much more overlanding when I lived out west, not too much here.
Sure, I will talk to Kevin (I handed over the reigns to CPAO this year to him completely) hes an OB member @vwauditech as well and very knowledgeable and helpful.

I also do not have facebook so I completely understand.

Reactions: riss800