Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
G19 with Fed HST 124grn

Old Winchester Model 1200 that's been cut down to 18.5 inches with a tube extension. Nothing fancy here. Tube full of buckshot, sidesadle velcro "shotgun card" with 5 slugs. Then 2 more cards in my personal bag one with buckshot, one with slugs.

Sometimes I'll bring some burner ammo with me if I think I might want to plink a little bit. Not so much this time of year as it's hunting season and I don't want to screw up anyone's hunt. If I do I usually bring either my 604ish clone or XM177ish clone along with me unless I'm going a place those aren't allowed.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Generally if we think we’re going to need a firearm for animal protection or in general I bring my Beretta 1301 12 gauge shotgun.

It will protect us from anything in North America and don’t have to worry about convoluted state or Federal laws.

Just on transportation laws

Hope this helps.

Reactions: TOMB and BAJA - PRO

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
A factory 14 in barrel 870 clone 12 Gauge, only 5 shells but it is small and tucks in behind the seat just fine. I carry everything from bear slugs to small game loads.

It is largely a piece of survival equipment, always in rarely used.

Reactions: BAJA - PRO

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
A factory 14 in barrel 870 clone 12 Gauge, only 5 shells but it is small and tucks in behind the seat just fine. I carry everything from bear slugs to small game loads.

It is largely a piece of survival equipment, always in rarely used.
How do you deal with crossing state lines with a SBS? Or is one of those birdhead/pistol grip "firearms".

Reactions: BAJA - PRO

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
@Downs Ah in Canada 1 set of rules for the whole country - they suck but they are the same everywhere. Down to 12-inch factory supplied barrels on pump action 12 gauges are not considered any different than a 18 or 21 inch barreled shotgun for use. Our firearms regulations are pretty bizarre to figure out but we win on that one, pretty much only that one but there you are.

I replaced the rear stock with a magpul as well as the slide furniture, and the factory ghost ring sights are solid.