Overlanding and kayaking

• HTML tutorial

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Kayaks are one of the things we wished we took during all our years on the road. Many have inflatable kayaks/SUPs, we'll definitely work something in to our rig as we transition it to non-fulltime.

Reactions: Dimitri_Raptis

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
I got myself an advanced elements inflatable that I take out. Storage at my house is limited, especially for something the size of a kayak so I opted for something that can fold up and fit in a storage bag when not in use. Takes a few minutes to blow up and it works out great. F30F3F49-D47C-4D62-BE30-9E02F76DBE78.jpeg5EA92D82-A07E-489E-B255-A64649D8A8FD.jpegA3D3A486-7BD1-4596-B1EA-293721AA4415.jpeg

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I got myself an advanced elements inflatable that I take out. Storage at my house is limited, especially for something the size of a kayak so I opted for something that can fold up and fit in a storage bag when not in use. Takes a few minutes to blow up and it works out great. View attachment 244066View attachment 244067View attachment 244068
Yes I agree with the inflatable version, got the INTEX explorer K2 for only 150 USD and works perfectly fine similar to other more expensive ones.

Attachments

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Yes I agree with the inflatable version, got the INTEX explorer K2 for only 150 USD and works perfectly fine similar to other more expensive ones.
Nice! I spent some time searching Craigslist to find mine. Surprising how many are up for sale that are pretty much brand new. People buy these and use then 1 time in a season then decide to sell em. I got mine for 1/2 the price of a new one but it came with a vest and paddle.

Contributor III

Burlington County, NJ, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Kausch
Does anybody bring their Kayak with them when overlanding?
We were overlanding through Western Maine this summer and spent the last few days at Flagstaff Lake, near the Canadian border. It is an incredibly beautiful area and a great place to kayak. We usually take the kayaks with us. Trying to share some pictures, but no matter what I do it says the image is too large.

Alan S

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

windsor ca
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

we take our Intex excursion pro 2 seater with us on most trips; easy to set up, tracks well with extened skeg. paddles were garbage, but otherwise works well for us

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Attachments