Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

We have Nala, an old German Shepard rescue dog that loves to go on trips, totally loves bumpy roads and camping. Her age is estimated at over 12 years, and hip dysplasia makes it so I have to lift her in and out of the Jeep, but gets so excited for a car ride.

View attachment 218428
A very lucky pup indeed...how is Camano Island these days? I used to live on Blackburn road and then a year or so on Juniper beach road. I moved to the coast about 10 years ago.

Reactions: XC70_OVERLANDER

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
A very lucky pup indeed...how is Camano Island these days? I used to live on Blackburn road and then a year or so on Juniper beach road. I moved to the coast about 10 years ago.
Yes she is lucky, was found wandering the streets in California after recently having a batch of puppies, shelter figured she had got to the end of usefulness of a back yard breeder and abandoned. Since she still had milk at time the shelter used her to nurse stray puppies as long as they could, and a Seattle dog rescue that we support brought her up here and asked us to foster her until they could find a home, well that was a few years ago as we adopted her after fostering for two weeks. Now here only job in life is to shed all over every square inch of house and vehicles full time, never knew how much hair one dog can shed ... lol

Camano has grown so much in the past few years, We live on Burke Dr, just a couple of streets north of Blackburn, have been out here almost 30 years now. There are so many new houses, not the old everyone knows everyone place anymore...

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Yes she is lucky, was found wandering the streets in California after recently having a batch of puppies, shelter figured she had got to the end of usefulness of a back yard breeder and abandoned. Since she still had milk at time the shelter used her to nurse stray puppies as long as they could, and a Seattle dog rescue that we support brought her up here and asked us to foster her until they could find a home, well that was a few years ago as we adopted her after fostering for two weeks. Now here only job in life is to shed all over every square inch of house and vehicles full time, never knew how much hair one dog can shed ... lol

Camano has grown so much in the past few years, We live on Burke Dr, just a couple of streets north of Blackburn, have been out here almost 30 years now. There are so many new houses, not the old everyone knows everyone place anymore...
I too have just adopted a 6 year old female that was used as breeding stock her whole life thus far in a puppy mill that got raided and shut down in Texas and was brought here by a rescue organization. Her name is River (first photo)....After losing my Trixie (photo 2) this past March I wasn't sure I would connect with another dog again. But, after some time to heal...well I'm sure you understand. Dog hair over every square inch of your house and on everything you own?! LOL, nah...I don't know anything about that, lol! Dog hair rules my life brother! I also have a Red ACD . I loved Camano...but after my wife passed, I needed a change. I love the coast.247544952_1789263784591695_7176374134435326494_n.jpg8793807845580607557.jpg

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
We have Nala, an old German Shepard rescue dog that loves to go on trips, totally loves bumpy roads and camping. Her age is estimated at over 12 years, and hip dysplasia makes it so I have to lift her in and out of the Jeep, but gets so excited for a car ride.

View attachment 218428
I have a 7 year old cattle dog, when he is tired he just puts his paws on the rock slider and wiggles his butt like his trying to jump in, and then looks at me woefully until I lift him up…

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

On the way home from a spa day. I took some food, water, her bowls and toys with us because it was a 1.5 hr trip each way...She thought I was bringing her to a new place to live. She was beside herself until we got to the groomer. She was happy then!

View attachment 224072
Happy Puppy! we always call them "fuzz-butt" and they shed twice a year for six months