Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I just submitted my order, and am really looking forward to the convoy! My truck will be ready too, I put a new clutch in this weekend!

Reactions: Miller8152

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Desert runner..see I'm on the list, but I'm not going. Had foot surgery....sidelined.

But hope to go, one of these years....looking forward to all the post trip stories and action reports....enjoy
Send me your address...and I will send you a sticker anyways...

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Here is the list of members heading out in the convoy as of this evening. Also, If everyone could have GMRS Radios for Ccommunications that would be great.

Doug and Alison
Clif Bennett - OB# 3539
Brent Caldon - Mojavewanderer / OB 12526 - Shirt Order Submitted
Dominic Moschetti - OB 0158 - Shirt Order Submitted
Terry Buckley - tbuck12 / OB 9706 - Shirt Order Submitted
Monty - Shirt Order Submitted
Daniel and Bernadette Breitenstein. - Red Rock Overland / OB 14907 - Shirt Order Submitted
Armostunt -
Miller 8152 -
MIke Stickel - Stickel / OB 9020 - Shirt Order Submitted
Desert Runner - foot surgery....sidelined :(
Jacob Siberfarb -
Hidesertwheelin -
OverlandCruiser -
A-Aron -
Dan Ayers - Danavision / OB 9939 - Shirt Order Submitted
Mark Aguirre - Fakawi Tribe / OB 1802 - Shirt Order Submitted

Dominic

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Send me your address...and I will send you a sticker anyways...
Thank you very much on a sticker. Take plenty of camp photos of the group. With some OB members scrambling still to get in on the convoy, and worrying about 'space at the inn', it will be interesting to hear about other attendees wondering/complaining about the marked space you will claim.:disrelieved: for the stragglers. Hopefully you can get close like last year to Micheal and Cories rig/display area:grinning:

Did you settle on a point in Kingman? That truck-stop on the North side US 95 at I-40 is no joke on busy days. There just is not much road run up to getting on the Interstate East at the light. Having a trailer and trying to merge to the left is no fun, depending on traffic.

3 lanes;
left=left turn
center=straight
right= straight or turn west to Ca.

Last edited:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Nice. Keeping my eyes on this one in case the Vegas crew doesn't end up doing anything.
I thought that Las Vegas did not have a big OB following, and then I found out there was a lot of members here. However ....There only seems to be a small percentage of us who are active, either on the forums or in person. Seems that....many joined, then went into hibernation..... 'crickets'.....

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

I thought that Las Vegas did not have a big OB following, and then I found out there was a lot of members here. However... There only seems to be a small percentage of us who are active, either on the forums or in person. Seems that....many joined, then went into hibernation..... 'crickets'.....
Yeah, that is something I'm noticing and hearing a lot of (from various locals) as well. There are a lot of registered members, but getting people to gather, form a plan, or organize is difficult. It's almost like I didn't leave the Bay Area :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Yeah, that is something I'm noticing and hearing a lot of (from various locals) as well. There are a lot of registered members, but getting people to gather, form a plan, or organize is difficult. It's almost like I didn't leave the Bay Area :tearsofjoy:
And yet some regions have a robust following, with weekly meetings and bi-weekly or monthly excursions. Vegas did have a trip out towards Valley of Fire, late last year, but it was in combo with a Land Rover club. Not sure the numbers breakdown on which group had the best representation, but i suspect the British....out numbered us OB members generally.:screamcat:

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

We may be able to meet up with the convoy, possibly Friday if you arent making the trek to flagstaff in 1 day. What is your ETA arrival day? Same day as departure, Thursday, or next day Friday?

Reactions: Dominic OB0158

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

We may be able to meet up with the convoy, possibly Friday if you arent making the trek to flagstaff in 1 day. What is your ETA arrival day? Same day as departure, Thursday, or next day Friday?
We are leaving early in the morning on Thursdays...and get there by 10:30 am it's going to be a straight shot.

Reactions: itsdchz

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
Dom - I’ll join your convoy early THUR with my co-pilot. We’ll plan to drive from San Diego to Victorville WED night to knock out that portion. Names are Wally and Dave. I just completed your T-shirt form. I’d also like a patch if it’s not too late. Thanks for all you’re doing.

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Dom - I’ll join your convoy early THUR with my co-pilot. We’ll plan to drive from San Diego to Victorville WED night to knock out that portion. Names are Wally and Dave. I just completed your T-shirt form. I’d also like a patch if it’s not too late. Thanks for all you’re doing.
No problem...looking forward to meetup....Are you bring the Pony?

Chris Pyle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Incline Village, NV
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7ECH
Excited to join up in Kingman and to meet everyone for Expo! A couple of thoughts occurred to me:

1) Could someone run APRS / APRSDroid so those joining the convoy can easily track it's location? (I can do it once I join)

2) Any interest in setting up / running a secondary comms channel on Zello (or a similar platform) so that those joining along the way can be in the loop while out of convoy GMRS range?

Chris
K7ECH / WRCN532

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Excited to join up in Kingman and to meet everyone for Expo! A couple of thoughts occurred to me:

1) Could someone run APRS / APRSDroid so those joining the convoy can easily track it's location? (I can do it once I join)

2) Any interest in setting up / running a secondary comms channel on Zello (or a similar platform) so that those joining along the way can be in the loop while out of convoy GMRS range?

Chris
K7ECH / WRCN532
Chris, call me when you are able....Dominic 951-531-4781

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Filled out your sheet want to join the convoy, I can meet in Needles or Kingman..... I need to see what the time for meeting up is as I might be following you all depends on work...
Also I will have a trailer
Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Also I am a volunteer so I will most likely be camping in another area, I am ground bound tent....

Jim

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Filled out your sheet want to join the convoy, I can meet in Needles or Kingman..... I need to see what the time for meeting up is as I might be following you all depends on work...
Also I will have a trailer
Jim
Hello Jim,
I will have all the final rally points and times on the route posted by May 3rd, so far we have a Rally Point at Cajon Junction, Victorville, Barstow and Kingman.
This year's goals is to pull into the Expo by 10 am.

I'll write you down for Kingman (Chris Miller with joining also at this rally point)

Reactions: Jim SoG

Mjfriend1

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego
Member #

I'm a rookie at the camping and overlanding thing but wanted to start getting into it. Seems like the EXPO is the perfect place to check out some setups and learn some things. Just recently purchased a RTT. Just curious if anyone is bringing kids? My 10yr is thinking about joining me but not sure how much fun he will have over the weekend.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I'm a rookie at the camping and overlanding thing but wanted to start getting into it. Seems like the EXPO is the perfect place to check out some setups and learn some things. Just recently purchased a RTT. Just curious if anyone is bringing kids? My 10yr is thinking about joining me but not sure how much fun he will have over the weekend.

HEre ya go the kids activities:

Jim

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

My kids seemed to have more fun last year acquiring stickers, patches, pens and other give-a-ways than anything else at the event!

• Haha
Reactions: stickel