First Name
Michael
Last Name
Isherwood
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Hi All,

Missed the Overland Expo again this year, but 2022 is going to be our year to go. I know dates & location haven’t been announced yet, but does anyone have any insight as to when and where the 2022 Overland Expo East will be?

Thank you in advance.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

Missed the Overland Expo again this year, but 2022 is going to be our year to go. I know dates & location haven’t been announced yet, but does anyone have any insight as to when and where the 2022 Overland Expo East will be?

Thank you in advance.
I am fairly sure it will be at the same location, I will find out for sure on Monday when I get back into the office.

ISH

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Smoky Mountain, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Isherwood
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Awesome. We have been trying to go for the past few years, but one thing or another has gotten in the way (it was Shoulder surgery this year), but nothing is going to stop us for next year. If you hear anything, Could you let me know?

Thanks

Reactions: TSO_NJ

the4burgetts

Rank V

Explorer I

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Echo
Last Name
Burgett
Member #

I know dates for West will be released in November, it’ll be May so start planning. Maybe still the dates will come out then. With just 5 days home between West and East for Lodestone employees they wanted to take a little break. We should hear shortly but I’m under the impression October 2022 at the same venue.

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD
October 7-9
Oak Ridge Estates, Arrington, Virginia, USA

This looks awesome!!
I have zero experience..... I am assuming that it would still be ok to attend... possibly even ok to try to use my vehicle ( Jeep JKU, sahara, stock) on the trails?
Or would this be a waste of time not having experience?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
October 7-9
Oak Ridge Estates, Arrington, Virginia, USA

This looks awesome!!
I have zero experience..... I am assuming that it would still be ok to attend... possibly even ok to try to use my vehicle ( Jeep JKU, sahara, stock) on the trails?
Or would this be a waste of time not having experience?
Its a great show and if you do sign up for the show and training you will get allot out of it. The training is by 7P Overland , some of the best in the business. There is usually a group camp area set up by @Ohio Valley Overland, send him a message if your interested.

Reactions: MadMedic

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD
Its a great show and if you do sign up for the show and training you will get allot out of it. The training is by 7P Overland , some of the best in the business. There is usually a group camp area set up by @Ohio Valley Overland, send him a message if your interested.
Thank you sir!

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong but there's some camel trophy participants with 7P who do the training.

Reactions: MadMedic

ISH

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Isherwood
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Hi All,

Thanks for everyone's help with finding the dates and all.

Unfortunately, my wife can't make it the whole weekend, but we are strongly considering going just on Sunday. My concern is - With Sunday being the last day of the expo, are the vendor's displays, training, ext still going to be worth us going?

We have never been, so any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Kent R

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Hi All,

Unfortunately, my wife can't make it the whole weekend, but we are strongly considering going just on Sunday. My concern is - With Sunday being the last day of the expo, are the vendor's displays, training, ext still going to be worth us going?

We have never been, so any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
There's pros and cons. Any vendors offering show specials typically don't want to lug stuff home so it's cheaper and you can haggle. But, yes. Everyone is tired and sick of saying the same thing for three days in a row and the experience def. isn't what it would be on Friday or early Saturday. But overall, it's still worth going for sure. My wife and I drive down from NJ, walk the show all day, and drive home. It's worth it.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

The vendors will not pick up their booths until the end of show, that is a requirement from the Expo folks. The training is ramped down considerably by Sunday but on the other hand it will take you one day just to see all the vendors.

So yes it is worth going and you never know you might just get a Sunday/last day of show deal.

ISH

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Isherwood
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Sir,

Good point. We have never been to the expo, so I figure even going just to check it out would be worth it. You know, see what it’s like for next year.

I would like to participate in some of the lectures and trainings. Will have to see what happens.

ISH

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Isherwood
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Ken,

Thanks for the info. We may be able to get up early Saturday morning. Still working in on the details.