Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Got my emblems today. So excited. Wondering if these go on well when it's cold or if I should wait for warmer weather. Thoughts/Experiences?
I’d warm up the surface just a bit. It’ll definitely make them adhere better, but it’s not totally necessary. I’ve used that same 3m tape on many projects over the years. It’s strong stuff.

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

IMG_3841.jpg

Curious what people have done to protect their emblems? Ours looks like this after only 5 months & about 6-7,000 miles (& that’s without salt exposure). I have another set for another vehicle & I’m debating between putting some spray-on clear coat on it or just not putting it on at all. Our former Jeep was 12 years old & its “Trail Rated” emblems didn’t look this weathered.

Zach Jacobe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend Oregon
Member #

Hello Everyone! I am going to be a little selfish! I have already post on this forum when i got my emblem! But I haven't had a decent day to install it since i got it! (I also changed vehicles) so I am glad I didn't! So here she is! In her permanent spot! Nice little view whenever I am working out of the back! AND a great view for anyone behind me!! Hope to see you all out there!IMG_2446.jpg

P.S. Is it just me or did anyone else's badge add approximately 20hp?!?!?! I definitely felt a boost after installing mine!?

William Heath

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Hello Everyone! I am going to be a little selfish! I have already post on this forum when i got my emblem! But I haven't had a decent day to install it since i got it! (I also changed vehicles) so I am glad I didn't! So here she is! In her permanent spot! Nice little view whenever I am working out of the back! AND a great view for anyone behind me!! Hope to see you all out there!View attachment 83769

P.S. Is it just me or did anyone else's badge add approximately 20hp?!?!?! I definitely felt a boost after installing mine!?
I like the look of it placed here! I've been going back and forth on a few places on my Jeep.

Reactions: RainGoat

Zach Jacobe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend Oregon
Member #

I like the look of it placed here! I've been going back and forth on a few places on my Jeep.
Yeah?? I went back and forth too! I first thought right above the "wrangler" decal on the front fender. Then I thought it would look super funny with the trail rated badge and then the overland bound below it. So then I thought about replacing the trail rated badge with the OB badge. Then i saw someone driving down the road with their trail rated badge on the right side of the tailgate and then when i was walking around the rig looking at places to put it i thought hmmm maybe here! HAHAHA long story short I love that position! It is nice and subtle but also stands out on the back of the rig! Thanks for the comment man! Reply back when you decide where to put yours!

Reactions: sabjku and RainGoat

Impoy47

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bay Area, CA, USA
Member #

Hey
Okay, any of you with a 3rd Gen Tacoma, where did you put your emblem? Every place I thought it could go is curved enough that I'm afraid it won't stay on. Either that, or it's in a place that isn't readily visible. Any suggestions?
Hey Dandy,
I just ordered mine as well and I've been looking for a flat surface to show my emblem with pride. I have a TRD pro grill and this is where I'll put mine..

Attachments

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

Since I'm usually the slow guy on the highway, I decided to put it below the driver side tail light. Hopefully it will catch somebody's eye there!
I like your thinking.

however this is one of the (very) few things that I don't like with the JL - Jeeps need to have their license plates in that spot ;-)

Therefore I added my emblem to the other side on my JK ... It seems that the JL is also a bit less round in that spot.

Reactions: DanW

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

Got my emblems today. So excited. Wondering if these go on well when it's cold or if I should wait for warmer weather. Thoughts/Experiences?
I did mine a few weeks ago when it was in the 30s (F to be clear, not C), and it worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.