Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Perusing thru Amazon today, I see that Orcich has released a new recovery board. They seem to have taken most, if not all the competitions design ideas and intergrated them into a new offering. Their board before was a exact copy on a gen 2 X-Bull. Then X-Bull released a new gen3 that would not stack with their gen 2. It looks like these new gen 4 models will not be able to nest with any prior models. I wonder if they changed the mounting hole's along with their total redesign? That will complicate things immensely if they did. It looks like they did. A new end design on one end, along the side edging looking different, I do like the built in
jack base. How effective the UV stabilization material will be, is something for our Western State (SW) desert dweller's will have to comment on in the years to
come, or those who keep them racked all the time. What are your thoughts? Does anyone have set of these yet? What do you think of their new design parameters? The gen 2/gen 3 X-Bull's have minimum flex, which comes into play in sub-freezing temp's. I wonder how much flex these will take, before issues appear?. 1607125646624.jpeg

Reactions: Boort

DarkMandalorian_Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Big Lake, Minnesota, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Minion
Member #

Service Branch
Law Enforcement
I have an older version of the Orcish (I'm assuming Gen3? Its the only other one variation listed on Amazon). I am VERY PLEASED with the quality. Used them to get my Ram 2500 unstuck from snow. Compared side-by-side from a buddy's xbulls, the Orcish held up with multiple times I drove over them, while the xbulls broke on the first use. Needless to say, both buddies I went with immediately ordered an Orcish set as soon as we got home from our trip.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I have an older version of the Orcish (I'm assuming Gen3? Its the only other one variation listed on Amazon). I am VERY PLEASED with the quality. Used them to get my Ram 2500 unstuck from snow. Compared side-by-side from a buddy's xbulls, the Orcish held up with multiple times I drove over them, while the xbulls broke on the first use. Needless to say, both buddies I went with immediately ordered an Orcish set as soon as we got home from our trip.
Your expieriance with them is reassuring. As I bought the Orcish brand also. My purchase was based on the video of the forklift running over them multiple times, and only bending/flexing from the abuse. It was the ability to retain their integrity that prompted me to buy them. I 'HOPED' that, that meant they were manufactured with a better grade of material when compared to either the X-Bulls or a clone thereof !

I bought 2 sets (4), late last year, when they were discounted pretty cheap. Having a full-size truck running 8000+ pounds, they seemed like they would hold up better than some brands, but not break the bank like the popular Australian brand leader. I Have not had to use them, but glad to have them for when I do!

Last edited:

DarkMandalorian_Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Big Lake, Minnesota, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Minion
Member #

Service Branch
Law Enforcement
Your expieriance with them is reassuring. As I bought the Orcish brand also. My purchase was based on the video of the forklift running over them multiple times, and only bending/flexing from the abuse. It was the ability to retain their integrity that prompted me to buy them. I 'HOPED' that, that meant they were manufactured with a better grade of material when compared to either the X-Bulls or a clone thereof !

I bought 2 sets (4), late last year, when they were discounted pretty cheap. Having a full-size truck running 8000+ pounds, they seemed like they would hold up better than some brands, but not break the bank like the popular Australian brand leader. I Have not had to use them, but glad to have them for when I do!
Yes they are very handy. I also have a RhinoUSA recovery strap and shackles, with a 13k rated recovery hitch. These were my first "overland"/"offroad" purchases.

Reactions: Desert Runner

DarkHorse

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Sunbury, Pa
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Herrold
Member #

The underside of these do not look to have much grip. Would they just spin out?