cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
I joined the Lexus GX/GXOR family recently. I picked up my 2008 Lexus GX470 in Dallas, TX and brought it back home to Oklahoma City, OK.

Details of the rig:
-130,000 miles
-TB/WP, Front Brakes, Radiator, and Alternator were all replaced within the past 5K miles.
-lifetime Texas vehicle, so no rust at all.
-No wrecks
- Airbags work perfect

Got it home and already did the first mod: running boards removed. Hopefully much more work to be done in the coming months/years.

Follow the build on YouTube and Facebook:
OK Adventures on YouTube
OKADVENTURESGX on Facebook

38AADA30-19BC-43A1-88E0-0F9C2D3994B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
I joined the Lexus GX/GXOR family recently. I picked up my 2008 Lexus GX470 in Dallas, TX and brought it back home to Oklahoma City, OK.

Details of the rig:
-130,000 miles
-TB/WP, Front Brakes, Radiator, and Alternator were all replaced within the past 5K miles.
-lifetime Texas vehicle, so no rust at all.
-No wrecks
- Airbags work perfect

Got it home and already did the first mod: running boards removed. Hopefully much more work to be done in the coming months/years.

Follow the build on YouTube and Facebook:
OK Adventures on YouTube
OKADVENTURESGX on Facebook

View attachment 211117
Welcome to Overland Bound and a BIG WELCOME to the LEXUS GX Club!!! We went on most of the back roads in Big Bend (not the black gap) solo and without mods. Only thing that was sketch was getting two flats on the west river road. Fix a flat, tire patch kit and air now live in the truck 24/7. a bit of recovery kit, and water. after wheeling a few trips she started making an odd sound and I was thinking I had dont something to the breaks or hubs, it was the hub caps. we cut some silcon hot pads into small strips (from the dollar store) tucked them in and snapped the caps back on a not sound issues. LOL a $1 fix to something I would have paid plenty if I took it to a shop or the dealer. She looks great without the running boards. I have seen on over pages that the hard mud flaps can get stuck and rip off. So far I haven't been in a place that came close to anything like that. We have had her on two wheels. The on board jack is awesome. Get out and enjoy some trails, hope to see more of you project.

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
I ordered the NAPA vehicle awning the other day for $94. We will see what all the hype is about when I get it installed this weekend.

NAPA Awning

Similar, but a bit more expensive one on Amazon if the NAPA one is out of stock: Vehicle Awning

I also replaced the gas cap just as a preventative measure against the check engine light that many people get from a bad gas cap.

Replacement Gas Cap

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Last edited:

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
I bought these TRD wheels on Facebook on a whim. They look pretty good but I would prefer a blacked out look vs. these gunmetal ones so I went ahead and ordered some RockTrix RT116's. My F-150 before this was black with grey wheels, so I kind of want a change of pace.

Now to decide if I should get some AT tires to wrap these in.

Rocktrix RT116's

2B3C64E9-5F40-45AD-994F-D8B7DAD399FE.jpeg
424DA020-A974-4CDB-81A6-0756C7DEFB74.png

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
I got the Napa Awning installed this morning. It went on pretty easy. I drilled holes in my roof crossbars and bolted the L-brackets directly to them. I would say that it is fair quality for the price. The construction and materials are definitely not bomb proof but are adequate and will do their job of providing shade! Let me know if you have any questions and check out my YouTube video on this install!

YouTube: GX470 Napa Awning Install

E7514B77-D074-4C5B-8E1B-E22908A61F7B.jpeg
6E096C5E-FFA8-47AD-833B-89FD229E6556.jpeg
E7B1A9C2-165E-43FC-BBD5-E37C1C365004.jpeg
91A580FE-B2D1-48FA-9EEF-435C69CCFB03.jpeg

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name