Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Yeah, I was thinking that field would be easier for people who have not been down there before.

On the 11th.
I was thinking of meeting people from Columbus north, or anyone really, to ride down to the park together. And then meeting who ever wants to at the entrance...
To be clear, Lets meet at the Clear Field just off of 327 and the entrance to the Park.
Lets say 10:30 on the 11th.
For those of you that want to drive from the Columbus area down there together. I'll meet you at the BP on S.R. 23, just south of I-270 at 9. I'll wait till 9:15 to leave from there.
PM me if you plan on meeting at either place, letting me know which, so we don't leave without you.

dfresh285

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey guys. I was just directed here from a friend here in Central Ohio. I'm really interested in the meet-up this Sunday! I'm coming from Johnstown, so meeting at the BP on 23 won't be a problem. I'm in a FJ60 that is all factory with the addition of a 2.5" lift and 33's. What kinda of trails will we be taking? The reason I as is because I don't have much recovery gear at the moment other than a some ratchet straps and tow straps. I might try and pick up a farm jack at TSC this weekend. Is there anything I might need to bring? BTW, I'll most likely have my almost 4 yr old son with me. Here's a picture of my FJ as it sits.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Hey guys. I was just directed here from a friend here in Central Ohio. I'm really interested in the meet-up this Sunday! I'm coming from Johnstown, so meeting at the BP on 23 won't be a problem. I'm in a FJ60 that is all factory with the addition of a 2.5" lift and 33's. What kinda of trails will we be taking? The reason I as is because I don't have much recovery gear at the moment other than a some ratchet straps and tow straps. I might try and pick up a farm jack at TSC this weekend. Is there anything I might need to bring? BTW, I'll most likely have my almost 4 yr old son with me. Here's a picture of my FJ as it sits.

I pass you almost every morning on 62. You go west while I'm going east hahaha. Small world!

dfresh285

Rank 0

Contributor I

scubasteve2002, you probably remember my old rig then. It was a white 1st gen 4runner with roof basket and lights. That's where all my recovery gear went, I sold it all as a package deal.

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

Yeah, I was thinking that field would be easier for people who have not been down there before.

On the 11th.
I was thinking of meeting people from Columbus north, or anyone really, to ride down to the park together. And then meeting who ever wants to at the entrance...
To be clear, Lets meet at the Clear Field just off of 327 and the entrance to the Park.
Lets say 10:30 on the 11th.
For those of you that want to drive from the Columbus area down there together. I'll meet you at the BP on S.R. 23, just south of I-270 at 9. I'll wait till 9:15 to leave from there.
PM me if you plan on meeting at either place, letting me know which, so we don't leave without you.
I was originally going to go but now i will be working for my father in law instead putting fence post in. Yup...pretty much the same as going on this trip. Have fun though gents and i hope some pictures make it on here so i can see what i missed!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

Love FJs! That is one nice rig. But then again, i am biased!

Attachments

Reactions: Noel Leon Gauthier

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

scubasteve2002, you probably remember my old rig then. It was a white 1st gen 4runner with roof basket and lights. That's where all my recovery gear went, I sold it all as a package deal.
I definitely do! I was super jealous of that thing. Whoever got it definitely got a good deal. But that FJ you have now is awesome.

Noel Leon Gauthier

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cincinnati
Member #

hey Noel i'm in Independence Ky just south of Cincy...i'm gonna try to go..i need to figure out which clunker to bring ...welcome !!!
Yo! Same here- not sure I've got time to spend the whole day. Either take the van and say "hey" or bring the Rover and stick around. Have you spent much time at the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway?

Reactions: ElDusto

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

Yo! Same here- not sure I've got time to spend the whole day. Either take the van and say "hey" or bring the Rover and stick around. Have you spent much time at the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway?
I am interested in the same thing. I was going to hit that up in January and do some winter camping

Noel Leon Gauthier

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cincinnati
Member #

I am interested in the same thing. I was going to hit that up in January and do some winter camping
We've been to the DBBB one time about a month ago and really liked it. It has a good range of trail difficulty and took us to parts of the park we had never seen. The route is well laid out and the digital map works well. Highly recommend.