Ohio Roll-Call!

• HTML tutorial

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

We've been to the DBBB one time about a month ago and really liked it. It has a good range of trail difficulty and took us to parts of the park we had never seen. The route is well laid out and the digital map works well. Highly recommend.
So my buddy who was interested in going drives a Subaru with some all terrain tires, besides that, it is stock. Would he be able to go? And how long did it take you to do the whole thing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ElDusto

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Missoula County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
S.
Member #

I am interested in the same thing. I was going to hit that up in January and do some winter camping

Yo! Same here- not sure I've got time to spend the whole day. Either take the van and say "hey" or bring the Rover and stick around. Have you spent much time at the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway?
I'd like to do whatever...I try to go out to Colorado and West Virginia every year...and I'll go down to the gorge or to big south fork to hike and camp...so this would be awesome...to be honest I don't know anything about it...I've been back in the Nati about three years and almost all of them have been gobbled up with buying a new house and me fighting off cancer.....so I'm really ready and down for any adventure I can get into!

Noel Leon Gauthier

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cincinnati
Member #

So my buddy who was interested in going drives a Subaru with some all terrain tires, besides that, it is stock. Would he be able to go? And how long did it take you to do the whole thing?

We haven't done the whole thing yet. There are sections that would be impassable to a Subaru. It's a 98 mile loop- i've seen people do it in one day but we like to go slow and look around.

Noel Leon Gauthier

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cincinnati
Member #

I'd like to do whatever...I try to go out to Colorado and West Virginia every year...and I'll go down to the gorge or to big south fork to hike and camp...so this would be awesome...to be honest I don't know anything about it...I've been back in the Nati about three years and almost all of them have been gobbled up with buying a new house and me fighting off cancer.....so I'm really ready and down for any adventure I can get into!
Best of luck to your fight [emoji109]

There is a website but the facebook group has the best info:

https://m.facebook.com/Daniel-Boone-Backcountry-Byway-694090960601745/

Reactions: ElDusto

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Hey everyone... I've got a few people coming this Sunday.
As fare as difficulty. The trails I'm taking you guys on are the same trails that a few jeep groups take as the "novice runs" for new guys. Really the only hard part about them is how much your vehicle can flex. In any event, I've got a couple of friends coming. Between us, if there does arise any issue. We will have no problem getting you on your way.
I'm bring my wife and kids. 10 and 7 year old. So, if you have them, bring them...
Bring a lunch... We will stop somewhere and eat on the trail.
As far as how long it will take... It's up to all of you. we could very easily make an entire day of it... There are many places we could take hard trails or easy trails...
Again, PM me if you want to come. A group of us are meeting at the BP on route 23 just south of 270 at 9am. Leaving there at 9:15 and headed down to the entrance Tar Hollow State Park. There is a large field at state route 327 and the park entrance... 10:30 pm... We can meet there, air down, disconnect, ect...

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Thanks! Well...I mean now wondering if I can get to Tar Hollow.
Hope to see you... Make sure you pm me to let me know that you'll be there. I wouldn't want you to get there a bit late and us leave not knowing you were coming...

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Hey guys. I was just directed here from a friend here in Central Ohio. I'm really interested in the meet-up this Sunday! I'm coming from Johnstown, so meeting at the BP on 23 won't be a problem. I'm in a FJ60 that is all factory with the addition of a 2.5" lift and 33's. What kinda of trails will we be taking? The reason I as is because I don't have much recovery gear at the moment other than a some ratchet straps and tow straps. I might try and pick up a farm jack at TSC this weekend. Is there anything I might need to bring? BTW, I'll most likely have my almost 4 yr old son with me. Here's a picture of my FJ as it sits.

Awesome looking rig... You shouldn't have any problem on the trails we are going on... Do you have tow points?
We'll have plenty of recovery gear if needed. I took my jeep on these roads when she was stock... we had no problem.

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

My only concern would be flexing... The roads are usually fairly rutted and will require a bit of flex.
I would never say no they couldn't come. They can come... I would just warn them that they will be taking some time to figure out the right lines to prevent damage.

Reactions: GreenMachine02

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

As fare as difficulty. The trails I'm taking you guys on are the same trails that a few jeep groups take as the "novice runs" for new guys. Really the only hard part about them is how much your vehicle can flex. In any event, I've got a couple of friends coming. Between us, if there does arise any issue. We will have no problem getting you on your way.
I'm bring my wife and kids. 10 and 7 year old. So, if you have them, bring them...
As far as how long it will take... It's up to all of you. we could very easily make an entire day of it... There are many places we could take hard trails or easy trails...
Again, PM me if you want to come. A group of us are meeting at the BP on route 23 just south of 270 at 9am. Leaving there at 9:15 and headed down to the entrance Tar Hollow State Park. There is a large field at state route 327 and the park entrance... 10:30 pm... We can meet there, air down, disconnect, ect...
Is it the field before or after you cross the bridge as you turn into the park? And is there a gas station in Laurelville to top off at? I plan on leaving Marietta around 0730 to give me time to get there and stop along the way to top off and stock up if need be.

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

Not a single section on dbbb except one route ( walker creek school road) that a Subaru couldn't handle with good driver imo.

The guys from Ohio River 4 wheelers run it in a jeep renegade.

It's all very mild, Hardly any 4x4 needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: GreenMachine02

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

Is it the field before or after you cross the bridge as you turn into the park? And is there a gas station in Laurelville to top off at? I plan on leaving Marietta around 0730 to give me time to get there and stop along the way to top off and stock up if need be.
Yes laurelville has a gas station. But if coming from marietta you shouldn't see laurelville.

I'd fuel up in mcarthur

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

Yes laurelville has a gas station. But if coming from marietta you shouldn't see laurelville.

I'd fuel up in mcarthur

Google routed me through there, but I'm gonna use my GPS and whichever it routes me through I'll be sure to top off.

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

I would think that taking a 50 across would make more sense than running 550 but that would be another option

ElDusto

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Missoula County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
S.
Member #

So tar hollow is gonna be Sunday not Saturday?

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

yes, Sunday... I'll still be in Wisconsin Saturday morning... that wouldn't help