Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Purcellville, VA, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Rrrrrr
Member #

I like this. I am looking at the TR5 $299 or TR7 $399. Unless I'm missing something, looks like it does everything the TRX7 does minus the camera, rugged case and social media. I downloaded GAIA, only got a 3 month subscription with the link above for Android. Need to play with it more but I like the Magellan TR(X) which is for off roading trails.
I think the TR5/TR7 do the social media.
There is a TRX app you can download to your phone has all of the basic functions, didn't do the 3D view. I used it a little when I was in Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Dakotas.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Purcellville, VA, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Rrrrrr
Member #

I think the TR5/TR7 do the social media.
There is a TRX app you can download to your phone has all of the basic functions, didn't do the 3D view. I used it a little when I was in Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Dakotas.

And for what it's worth, Crutchfield has the rugged version on sale for $499, and that includes the Ram suction cup mount.

Reactions: Rubicoma

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

I like this. I am looking at the TR5 $299 or TR7 $399. Unless I'm missing something, looks like it does everything the TRX7 does minus the camera, rugged case and social media. I downloaded GAIA, only got a 3 month subscription with the link above for Android. Need to play with it more but I like the Magellan TR(X) which is for off roading trails.
Throwing this out there..

Check out the web site. http://www.trxtrailhead.com/@34.048944,-118.264689,11 you can play around and look up trails. That said, you might want to get the free app for smart phones first. Just so you can play around with it (just a suggestion).

This is a snap shot of a trail I did with the app. I had it running in the back ground so I’m not sure on the level of zoom while on a trail. You can still look up trails thru the app. Pick what you want, cache it to the phone.

I an not trying to sway you from it. Just saying to play with the free version before you spend a lot of coin.

Reactions: Rubicoma

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
My schedule is open if you are thinking of planning a trip
Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Definitely interested in something but don't know what. Interested in hitting some of the little places I've seen via Gaia but don't know how they would pan out. Also interested in potentially going down towards the Blue Ridge Parkway and seeing whats down there. Would like to do an overnight but it would be dependent on weather for me.

Hi I’m new to this page and to overlanding. I’m in Woodbridge VA. I look forward to meeting everyone. I am free the MLK weekend also if anyone is planning anything.
Welcome! Hopefully we can get some things planned out that you would be able to attend!

@Nick80 You ever figure out what that leak was?

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hi I’m new to this page and to overlanding. I’m in Woodbridge VA. I look forward to meeting everyone. I am free the MLK weekend also if anyone is planning anything.
Welcome! I'm also in Woodbridge as are a few others. Hope to see you out on the trails soon!

Reactions: Sonic139

Nick80

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
First Name
NICHOLAS
Last Name
Roozen
Member #

Definitely interested in something but don't know what. Interested in hitting some of the little places I've seen via Gaia but don't know how they would pan out. Also interested in potentially going down towards the Blue Ridge Parkway and seeing whats down there. Would like to do an overnight but it would be dependent on weather for me.

Welcome! Hopefully we can get some things planned out that you would be able to attend!

@Nick80 You ever figure out what that leak was?

We think the fluid somehow overheated and spurted some from the top of the diff vent tube. I was driving faster than normal and with the tent and lift seems like a reasonable explanation.

Reactions: AG Sheep

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
Looks like it is going to be a high of 20 for the weekend, so I do not think an overnighter would happen unless people want it.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Thinking Saturday and flagpole area. Do some exploring. Looking at Gaia tonight to see some alternate areas

This is a map of the area that I got

I am going to back out of this weekend. Something came up. I am itching to get out. :(

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
I am going to back out of this weekend. Something came up. I am itching to get out. :(

No worries, if there is no interest then I will probably just postpone it.

We could always do a small get together if no one is up for wheeling. Maybe do that Katie's Car and Coffee again. Discuss future trip ideas and what not.

Reactions: TerryD

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland

Here is the info for the cars a coffee place. Might still be a trek for some but it had a pretty good turn out last time I went.