North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

Brettcr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charlotte NC
Member #

New member from Gaston County... gotta join sometime! Weekdays in the city (Charlotte) Weekends in the mtns hiking. Last weekend was Hanging Rock weekend before was Blowing Rock, weekend before was Table Rock NC. Man they sure like to use the word "Rock" in the names. Looking forward to getting through this thread and others. Just getting getting use to this forum versus others so i can make the most out of it. Slowly building my JK out for Overlanding and hoping i can find a lot of info o others 2 door builds. Not a lot of resources around as most use the JKU. Me and the wife looking forward to getting out for more camping on the trails in the near future.

BlackSheepExpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Maiden North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Bellesfield
Member #

New member from Gaston County... gotta join sometime! Weekdays in the city (Charlotte) Weekends in the mtns hiking. Last weekend was Hanging Rock weekend before was Blowing Rock, weekend before was Table Rock NC. Man they sure like to use the word "Rock" in the names. Looking forward to getting through this thread and others. Just getting getting use to this forum versus others so i can make the most out of it. Slowly building my JK out for Overlanding and hoping i can find a lot of info o others 2 door builds. Not a lot of resources around as most use the JKU. Me and the wife looking forward to getting out for more camping on the trails in the near future.
Welcome .. Nice to see you out and exploring N.C. What modifications are you doing? I have a 14 JKU

Brettcr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charlotte NC
Member #

Welcome .. Nice to see you out and exploring N.C. What modifications are you doing? I have a 14 JKU
Well, it's slow going. I have put on a Garvin Adventure rack setup, Ace rock rails, Vector doc for my tablet and stuff, little stuff here and there. Gonna take out my back seat and look at some shelf system stuff. Also a roof top tent. Right now liking the iKamper. Still have a lot to do. Going to eventually put a 2" mopar lift and some 34's and go to 4.88 gearing. Just waiting a little longer for now and enjoying the warranty as long as i can ;).

jeep-rack-box.jpg vector bar7.jpg

Reactions: rgk401

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

Jelious of the roof rack! I have 11’ Black 2 dr JK also! Took my back seat out long time ago. I don’t hike much, but like to camp, kayak and mountain bike. I like using Cabela’s cot tent to camp now over hammock. Setup and take down 2-3 minutes. Fits nice folded up in jk. I am in clover and if need help with mods let me know. Mines pretty much built out except roof rack.

Brettcr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charlotte NC
Member #

Jelious of the roof rack! I have 11’ Black 2 dr JK also! Took my back seat out long time ago. I don’t hike much, but like to camp, kayak and mountain bike. I like using Cabela’s cot tent to camp now over hammock. Setup and take down 2-3 minutes. Fits nice folded up in jk. I am in clover and if need help with mods let me know. Mines pretty much built out except roof rack.

Nice! May do so. Thinking maybe losing the back seat this week. When the kid or dog is not with us it is up anyway.

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Welcome

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Hope y'all are surviving this hurricane. Using my camping gear to prepare. Jerry cans of water and fuel. Coleman stove and canned food. Camping in the house soon I'm afraid.

Reactions: TrailBear

TrailBear

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wendell, NC, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Kinney
Member #

Hope y'all are surviving this hurricane. Using my camping gear to prepare. Jerry cans of water and fuel. Coleman stove and canned food. Camping in the house soon I'm afraid.
Right there with you. I’m uber prepared, so nothing happening here now.

Reactions: Big E

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Morehead city is taking a pounding. My parents are down there and lost power 3am yesterday and woke up to fire alarms going off because water was going through the roof and shorting them out. Now there is water just pouring in to the upstairs bedroom and hallway and it’s sleeping through to the downstairs living room. I hate I can’t be there. Roads and bridges are washed out and highways are feet under water. It’s going to be a tough road ahead

Reactions: Big E