Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT

Monthly meetup - Come meet others in the area who are also interested in exploring and going to new places, or even old favorite places.

AlexAtWagan

Rank VI
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6AVD
This sounds like a great event, especially for people up in the Marin area! Wish we were closer!

Reactions: Advtres

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I'm hoping that at this meeting we can plan a trip for May. Either a day trip or overnighter.

Last edited:
Reactions: FirenzeForza4x4

Briancastro

Rank I

Contributor III

Kelseyville, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Service Branch
ARMY Veteran
I live up in lake co. Wanted to get into this for about a decade since I left the USARMY and would love to come to the meeting. Just bought a 2022 subaru outback, lift wheels and tires in two days. I'm used to jeeps and trucks but had to do economics on this go around. I have many clients in my area and can provide many meetup locations and/or lunch drinking locations as well.

Thanks in advance,

RUBBERSIDEDOWN

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I live up in lake co. Wanted to get into this for about a decade since I left the USARMY and would love to come to the meeting. Just bought a 2022 subaru outback, lift wheels and tires in two days. I\'m used to jeeps and trucks but had to do economics on this go around. I have many clients in my area and can provide many meetup locations and/or lunch drinking locations as well.

Thanks in advance,

RUBBERSIDEDOWN
Looking forward to meeting you Brian.

Reactions: Briancastro

FirenzeForza4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Napa Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Apal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SNX
Anyone do anything this last winter? Any snow adventures?
Guess I lost my last post. Yes I ran my first OB trip to Uncle Tom’s Cabin with the East Bay group run by @PapaDave. It was an awesome and relaxed run. Not much snow at that trip.

Then ran a much more challenging trip with my Nor Cal Land Rover Club to Bald Mountain. I was at the limit but learned a lot about my truck and capabilities and the fun of kinetic ropes. Also learned what happens when multiple groups try to run the same single track on the same Saturday. Trail Gridlock!!

Attachments

Reactions: PapaDave and Speric

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I did a day trip up to Lake Pillsbury on 1/1. Good amount of snow too, winched a guy that got stuck on the side of the road. Drive back through the snow in the dark.

Attachments

FirenzeForza4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Napa Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Apal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SNX
I did a day trip up to Lake Pillsbury on 1/1. Good amount of snow too, winched a guy that got stuck on the side of the road. Drive back through the snow in the dark.
Nice. I did pre-run from Napa all the way up to Middle Creek Campground at the base of Mendocino NF to see what it would be like to drive that route into the Lake and up to Hull. I think there's a MNF BDC now for that area would be fun for this local group for a Rally Point sometime.

Reactions: Sonarman

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Nice. I did pre-run from Napa all the way up to Middle Creek Campground at the base of Mendocino NF to see what it would be like to drive that route into the Lake and up to Hull. I think there's a MNF BDC now for that area would be fun for this local group for a Rally Point sometime.
I've been wanting to try and get to Hull sometime soon. Maybe in May!

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Ken and I had a nice little meet-up and talking about out JTs. Next month we’re heading for the hills. Looking at 5/21, so check the Rally Point.

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

The rain must have keep folks away, but that's ok I still had a great time talking to Eric. Looking forward to getting Gladiator in the dirt next month!