Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Way over due for these replacements, I carry three. Remember to check the WLL (working load limit) and the MBL (minimum breaking limit). Good quality recovery gear will always have both numbers available.

IMG_7108.JPG

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Way over due for these replacements, I carry three. Remember to check the WLL (working load limit) and the MBL (minimum breaking limit). Good quality recovery gear will always have both numbers available.

View attachment 172249
I have the WARN/SMITTYBILT..(cast)... H/D style (very heavy) that is similar to that shown above. I also have a 2nd- 36,000 K version that is constructed like the light/medium K versions. I realize that you need 3 if you ever expect to reverse pull a vehicle from a front mounted winch location. I hope to never get into that predicament. 1601685233526.png
***What are the 'particulars' on this snatch block you acquired? Wt. rating, brand. rope/wire diameter limitation's, cost etc. I Like the grease able pin set-up for longevity.
***PS: saw a similar Amazon listing. There sure are a lot more available options, than when I was looking to add to my recovery gear bag.
================================================================================================

For anyone having a winch, especially if marginally rated for your vehicles weight, you should have at least 1 for either a doubled pull or to redirect the line direction in a off set pull, to keep the drum wrap smooth. I have in the past had a redirected pull.

PS: Found my picture-below. Cheap and not as robust as the H/D one above.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 64Trvlr and Kent R

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

View attachment 172249
Those are looking good. Seems to be high quality.

I carry an ARB snatchblock, happy with it.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I have the WARN/SMITTYBILT..(cast)... H/D style (very heavy) that is similar to that shown above. I also have a 2nd- 36,000 K version that is constructed like the light/medium K versions. I realize that you need 3 if you ever expect to reverse pull a vehicle from a front mounted winch location. I hope to never get into that predicament. View attachment 172252
***What are the 'particulars' on this snatch block you acquired? Wt. rating, brand. rope/wire diameter limitation's, cost etc. I Like the grease able pin set-up for longevity.
***PS: saw a similar Amazon listing. There sure are a lot more available options, than when I was looking to add to my recovery gear bag.
================================================================================================

For anyone having a winch, especially if marginally rated for your vehicles weight, you should have at least 1 for either a doubled pull or to redirect the line direction in a off set pull, to keep the drum wrap smooth. I have in the past had a redirected pull.

PS: Found my picture-below. Cheap and not as robust as the H/D one above.
My new ones are Gear America. 25T MBL, 12.5T WLL, 7/32" - 15/32" wire rope or synthetic, $80 ea. US.
Used them at our local meet-up to practice reverse winching and they seem to work just fine.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
My new ones are Gear America. 25T MBL, 12.5T WLL, 7/32" - 15/32" wire rope or synthetic, $80 ea. US.
Used them at our local meet-up to practice reverse winching and they seem to work just fine.
I really like Gear America products. I finally ordered a winch ring to try out, still waiting on ups.

Reactions: Christophwest1978

Steward I

Nisku, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Westfall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
RamRunner78
I really like Gear America products. I finally ordered a winch ring to try out, still waiting on ups.
Ya gear America has really nice stuff I put a pair of Uber shackles on the front of my truck and love them. They don’t chip or rust. Plus there stuff is well priced. I need to get a snatch from them next.