Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hilleary
Member #

Hello. I sold my 2015 Jeep JKU and purchased a 2020 RAM Rebel. Hate to say goodbye to my Jeep, but I needed more room and the towing capacity of a truck more than I "needed" the Jeep. Or, that is what my wife said. My initial goal with the Rebel is to prepare for the camping side, getting the right kit together whether I am going for a night or a long weekend. I brought over all my recovery gear from the Jeep, so will be filling in the gaps there as well. I know the stock Rebel will get me where I want to go for the time being.
I am based in NW Atlanta so have access to the Appalachians within 2 hours. I would love to meet up with some local groups for trips. My 14 yr old son is really getting into this, so he will join me whenever he can.
Thanks and I look forward to meeting and getting out there.

RamBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Besch
Member #

How has the Rebel been treating you? I’ve been thinking of pulling the trigger on one myself. I had planned to go with the new Bronco, but Ford is a joke right now and I’m not confident in the product they will deliver and don’t want to wait until 2022.

The Rebel seems like a fantastic vehicle for my family of 4 and can get us a ton of places, with a ton of stuff in style. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
Josh

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
The Rebel is a great base to build off of. Already have some oversize all terrain tires. Some good recovery points. An Elocker in the rear. A real part-time transfer case.

And a very comfortable interior.

If Mopar ever gets their act in gear...some great accessories too.

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

XI Moto

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hilleary
Member #

How has the Rebel been treating you? I’ve been thinking of pulling the trigger on one myself. I had planned to go with the new Bronco, but Ford is a joke right now and I’m not confident in the product they will deliver and don’t want to wait until 2022.

The Rebel seems like a fantastic vehicle for my family of 4 and can get us a ton of places, with a ton of stuff in style. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
Josh
My Rebel has been great! I have made a couple of 8 hour trips with family and dogs and everyone has been comfy. I’ve also had some time to tackle some Forest Service roads, and rougher off-shoots and it is very capable. I am going to start with a bed rack and RTT in the spring.

Tuck1562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
Loving my Rebel...only upgrades so far, leveling kit, steps and Softop. Added trailier brake module for pulling RV. Managed to do a couple of basic camping trips, sleeping in bed of truck as well as on ATV Trailer with tarp. Considering a taller and wider tread pattern tire for mud and sand. Plan to start sleeping platform and some storage for bed soon. Want all to be removable, any thoughts or plans anyone has would be appreciated.
Peace!

Reactions: XI Moto

XI Moto

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hilleary
Member #

Loving my Rebel...only upgrades so far, leveling kit, steps and Softop. Added trailier brake module for pulling RV. Managed to do a couple of basic camping trips, sleeping in bed of truck as well as on ATV Trailer with tarp. Considering a taller and wider tread pattern tire for mud and sand. Plan to start sleeping platform and some storage for bed soon. Want all to be removable, any thoughts or plans anyone has would be appreciated.
Peace!
What year is your Rebel? I am assuming that you do not have the air suspension if you put a leveling kit on, but I could be wrong. What is the size of the leveling kit and has it increased the cab height much? (have a tight garage already - love those power-folding mirrors).
For the bed, have you looked at Decked? cost is up there, but the convenience and durability could make a valid excuse...

Tuck1562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
Mine is a 2019, no air suspension, leveling kit adds about 2” to front, not sure or haven’t measured effects on cab roof. Mine is kinda a base model, was more interested in 5.7 and rear gearing for RV towing. Love having lockers and factory tow hooks. Would love to add winch and some lighting as well.

Reactions: Mekcanix

Tuck1562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
Want to add that I also came from a 2002 Jeep GC Limited, I got a little tired of death wobble and throwing money at fixes that never seemed to work, but the GC was a great vehicle, had a few wranglers and CJs over the years as well. Having the Soft top adds a lot of versatility and takes me back to CJ days