Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

What a small world BRO. I spent 2 years of my life in Ashdown AR where I served at Central Baptist Church as their Youth Minister (99-2001 I think...hard to remember back that far. lol). Still have the smell of that papermill in my head. My ex-wife couldn't get out of that place fast enough. lol. Good people for sure though. Lifelong friends I made there...along with gaining a lot of weight eating Herb's burgers 3x a week.
The good old papermill! Luckily I only had to smell it when we went back to visit family. We lived in Nashville and Camden when I was in grade school. My dad and his family all still live in and around Nashville.

Kalikianō

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Allen
Member #

@Etoimos : Metberry is fairly simple compared to what I've heard about Hackett. When I get tires, I'm definitely interested in tackling Hackett this summer.

@Texarado : Woodland Park is beautiful. I want to move up there within the next few years. I hope you guys make it up here as well.

Attachments

Reactions: Texarado

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

@Etoimos : Metberry is fairly simple compared to what I've heard about Hackett. When I get tires, I'm definitely interested in tackling Hackett this summer.
Yeah, the ease of Metberry is one of the reasons why I've not done it yet. lol That and because its pretty easy, it is always busier.

Reactions: Kalikianō

Kalikianō

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Yeah, the ease of Metberry is one of the reasons why I've not done it yet. lol That and because its pretty easy, it is always busier.
I would love to see the other two places. I love camping at Metberry. I went there during 4th of July last year. It was packed! Every time after that was pretty good for me. I had it one weekend all to myself which was sweet.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

I would love to see the other two places. I love camping at Metberry. I went there during 4th of July last year. It was packed! Every time after that was pretty good for me. I had it one weekend all to myself which was sweet.
Part of Longwater overlooks Metberry, and one time we were looking down at Metberry and counted 20+ Jeeps and FJs making a train down the trail. I was like, not thanks! lol

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Whoa! Amazing pics and a fellow JKU owner to boot! Congrats and welcome! (I'm a newb, too!)
Thanks man. Its always good to see other JKUs in the overland sites. We seem to be the rare breed in these parts.

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
@Etoimos Yeah, we are the rare birds, for sure... But to be honest- nobody seems to care here. I love that! I've been a Jeep owner since 1994, and have been a member of multiple Jeep groups/clubs/pages, and many seem to have a "Jeep or nothing" approach to anything offroad. I, admittedly, used to subscribe to that mindset, as I passionately love all things Jeep. Truth is- it's the PEOPLE we wheel with, or travel with and meet, that make the journey worthwhile. OB seems to have a ton of like-minded folks, in that- it doesn't matter WHAT you drive, so much as IF you actually get out there and do it. Hence my participation here. Cheers!

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

I totally agree, people over rigs any day of the week. However, there is something kind of special about rolling with a large group of the same vehicle type.