Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Hi everyone,

I'm Keith, a new user here from the Colorado Springs area. I came across this site while doing some research for an upcoming trip I'm planning, . I got some friendly and helpful replies to that thread, so I figured I might want to stick around this site for a while.

I'm new to overlanding style adventures (and camping in general to some extent) and just started redirecting my focus to overlanding from rock crawling on my 2012 Jeep JKUR last year. Over the summer I trade some laser work with a guy that was wanting to get rid of his Gobi roof rack and an inReach SE sat tracker. Once the roof rack was installed, I got a sweet deal on a RTT from a local company called Odin Designs. It is pretty much a Tepui clone that has been rebranded. The young man that owns Odin Designs is great to work with and has excellent customer service. In fact, he is loaning me another RTT and an awning for my DV trip so I don't have to buy them for this particular trip!

Here are some pics of the Jeep in various stages of its build.

[/img]

I've also recently built a 60/40 platform in the back and reconfigured/add lights in preparation for the DV trip (I'll have to add those photos to a build thread here in the near future). This past fall we bought a new place that has a nice shop for me to work on the rig in, so I hope to do more fabrication in the future...

I used to be into photography pretty heavy back in the day, so I plan on getting back into that some as I get out and explore more...

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone,

I'm Keith, a new user here from the Colorado Springs area. I came across this site while doing some research for an upcoming trip I'm planning, . I got some friendly and helpful replies to that thread, so I figured I might want to stick around this site for a while.

I'm new to overlanding style adventures (and camping in general to some extent) and just started redirecting my focus to overlanding from rock crawling on my 2012 Jeep JKUR last year. Over the summer I trade some laser work with a guy that was wanting to get rid of his Gobi roof rack and an inReach SE sat tracker. Once the roof rack was installed, I got a sweet deal on a RTT from a local company called Odin Designs. It is pretty much a Tepui clone that has been rebranded. The young man that owns Odin Designs is great to work with and has excellent customer service. In fact, he is loaning me another RTT and an awning for my DV trip so I don't have to buy them for this particular trip!

[/img]

I've also recently built a 60/40 platform in the back and reconfigured/add lights in preparation for the DV trip (I'll have to add those photos to a build thread here in the near future). This past fall we bought a new place that has a nice shop for me to work on the rig in, so I hope to do more fabrication in the future...

I used to be into photography pretty heavy back in the day, so I plan on getting back into that some as I get out and explore more...

Hello Keith and welcome to the OB crew...great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your build and adventures . Wow...nice set up and beautiful pics...look forward to seeing your trip...

Joseph Solin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Solin
Member #

Hi everyone,

[/img]

Nice setup and beautiful photos. Welcome to the group.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Kalikianō

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Allen
Member #

@Etoimos , I’ve been on Metberry Gulch quite a bit. I haven’t tried Hatchet and Longwater Gulch yet. I need new tires. I have no winch so, kinda iffy to me right now.
I’m definitely interested in going to the expo. Where is it going to be held?

@C. Mani , You down?

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

@Smileyshaun and @Zerobird, thanks.

@Kalikianō, Metberry is the only one of the three I have not ran. Hackett used to be kind of tough, but the last time I was on it (2 years ago now I think) they have filled in the tough spots and full size stock trucks were all the way at the bottom of it. Longwater just has a lot of steep ups and downs, nothing technical. It's actually my favorite out of the three... I love crossing the river at the end of it (they reopened the section that connects it to Hackett a couple years back, so you can now do them as a loop again).

Reactions: Kalikianō

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Hi everyone,

[/img]

Welcome! And nice rig!

Sent from my moto x4 using OB Talk mobile app

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

@Texarado , thanks man. Woodland Park is a nice little town and there are several trails right around there as well. When you guys make it up here, let me know and I'd be happy to take you on some. On a side note, I did my high school years in Wolfe City TX, just north of Greenville.

@theBROFESSOR , thanks. I was born in Ashdown Arkansas and my early years were spent growing up across the south part of the state. Pretty much all of my family is still down there. Arkansas has a different type of beauty than Colorado, but beautiful none the less.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

@Texarado , thanks man. Woodland Park is a nice little town and there are several trails right around there as well. When you guys make it up here, let me know and I'd be happy to take you on some. On a side note, I did my high school years in Wolfe City TX, just north of Greenville.

@theBROFESSOR , thanks. I was born in Ashdown Arkansas and my early years were spent growing up across the south part of the state. Pretty much all of my family is still down there. Arkansas has a different type of beauty than Colorado, but beautiful none the less.
What a small world BRO. I spent 2 years of my life in Ashdown AR where I served at Central Baptist Church as their Youth Minister (99-2001 I think...hard to remember back that far. lol). Still have the smell of that papermill in my head. My ex-wife couldn't get out of that place fast enough. lol. Good people for sure though. Lifelong friends I made there...along with gaining a lot of weight eating Herb's burgers 3x a week.

Reactions: Kalikianō