NM95Bronco

Rank III

Member I

First Name
greg
Last Name
green
Member #

Hello all! My name is Ray and I am from Albuquerque, New Mexico.

My rig is a 1995 Bronco lifted, front and rear clearance custom bumpers, all the camp and trail mods I could do so far, and ready for moderate to semi-difficult overlanding. I was in a Bronco club here in Albq. that consistently took stock old body-style Broncos out on hard trails and there were a lot of breakdowns. Why people push stock rigs on hard trails I just don't get it!

Eventually, the group dwindled down to just a few and then disbanded. I have been on the lookout for a new group for meet-ups and group adventures for years.

I have been watching Michael and a few other good channels, and I like his style and just pulled the trigger on joining up!

I will try to add a photo of the Bronco. I got it off the showroom floor when I was an E-6 in the Navy way back in the day. The OJ jokes are old, don't do it lol!

Attachments

Last edited:

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Greg, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State!. Nice looking Bronco, love the older ones. I think you will find lots of folks in OB down in your area, check out the Rally Point and calendar tabs for upcoming events, meetups etc. in your area. Guessing unlike us in the NW your trails are not all snowed in for the winter so things should still be happening...lol

NM95Bronco

Rank III

Member I

First Name
greg
Last Name
green
Member #

What is "snow"? It has been just the last three years in Albuquerque 5800ft and the Peaks at 11000 ft, have had no real snow. The ski area is shut down.
Climate change is real people, this lil fella never saw it coming!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

My rig is a 1995 Bronco lifted, front and rear clearance custom bumpers, all the camp and trail mods I could do so far, and ready for moderate to semi-difficult overlanding. I was in a Bronco club here in Albq. that consistently took stock old body-style Broncos out on hard trails and there were a lot of breakdowns. Why people push stock rigs on hard trails I just don't get it!

Eventually, the group dwindled down to just a few and then disbanded. I have been on the lookout for a new group for meet-ups and group adventures for years.

I have been watching Michael and a few other good channels, and I like his style and just pulled the trigger on joining up!

I will try to add a photo of the Bronco. I got it off the showroom floor when I was an E-6 in the Navy way back in the day. The OJ jokes are old, don't do it lol!
Welcome to Overland Bound Ray
I love New Mexico for overland travel, been through there several times in the last couple of years.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982 In Arizona @freak4life and in Southern Colorado @Neal A. Tew
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Prerunner1982

HaVeeBear

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendariz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3VWL

Welcome! I'm on the East Coast, but originally from NM. There's a group out of El Paso that frequently goes in to NM for trail rides. I've seen a couple of their videos on YT. I think it's Southwest Overland. They seem fairly reasonable on trail selection and everyone drives home :)

NM95Bronco

Rank III

Member I

First Name
greg
Last Name
green
Member #

That's awesome. I am hoping for warmer weather and taking the wife with me up to Red River, Goose lake, and Ouray Colorado sometime in the beginning of May.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.