Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Something different, some night shots with a Samsung amp prime cell phone. Back side of Strawberry Point....Death valley Jct.....west of Pahrump NV. Simple pics of the Moon on a clear night. Missed a couple of opportunities when driving to get that full moon with clouds highlighted around it. Oh well... it will come[emoji2] 20180527_201734.jpeg20180527_201726.jpeg20180527_194119.jpeg20171104_070059.jpeg20170508_041640.jpeg

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Went hiking today along the Nooksack river in Glacier, WA. Always an awesome time! We picked up a lot of trash too. So many morons who come here and are too damn lazy to throw things away or bring with them. I pulled an entire trash bag out of the woods that was full of red plastic cups and PBR beer cans. It was clearly placed there intentionally too. Best part is, not even 50 ft. Away was a public restroom with recycling and trash can receptacles. Makes me sick [emoji58]
IMG_8348.JPGIMG_8351.JPGIMG_8349.JPG

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Went hiking today along the Nooksack river in Glacier, WA. Always an awesome time! We picked up a lot of trash too. So many morons who come here and are too damn lazy to throw things away or bring with them. I pulled an entire trash bag out of the woods that was full of red plastic cups and PBR beer cans. It was clearly placed there intentionally too. Best part is, not even 50 ft. Away was a public restroom with recycling and trash can receptacles. Makes me sick [emoji58]
View attachment 81040View attachment 81041View attachment 81042
Great pics. Look at all that potential firewood in the stream bed:laughing:.. I hope you took some cleanup photos of the trash. If you did post them in the "leaving it better than you found it" thread.

Let me guess...the trash wasn't because the CANS were full. Lazy yahoo's....go out into nature and trash what you came to admire.

Reactions: Overland_Mitsu

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Great pics. Look at all that potential firewood in the stream bed:laughing:.. I hope you took some cleanup photos of the trash. If you did post them in the "leaving it better than you found it" thread.

Let me guess...the trash wasn't because the CANS were full. Lazy yahoo's....go out into nature and trash what you came to admire.

Unfortunately I didn’t snap a pic. I left my phone in the car when I spotted the poorly placed beer can filled trash bag. We also found a Burger King cup, a styrofoam take out tray and some other random crap. And no, the forest department does a decent job with emptying the recycling and trash containers. It’s stupidity and straight laziness.

Pith Dude

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lueker
Member #

A couple of the denizens of Buffalo Gap National Grassland just to the west of Badlands national park in South Dakota. It was one of my favorite places I visited with Jeep No. 1, so we took Jeep No. 5 back there last October (2018) when it was about two weeks old.
PA230212.jpg

LoneStarFlatLanders

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Van Alstyne, Texas, USA
Member #

Which South African animal is that? It looks too big to be a gazelle
It is actually blackbuck. From Wikipedia, "The blackbuck (Antilope cervicapra), also known as the Indian antelope, is an antelope found in India, Nepal and Pakistan." They have naturalized in this area. Ranchers originally brought them in as exotics for ag exemptions and they have since naturally colonized in the wild.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

It is actually blackbuck. From Wikipedia, "The blackbuck (Antilope cervicapra), also known as the Indian antelope, is an antelope found in India, Nepal and Pakistan." They have naturalized in this area. Ranchers originally brought them in as exotics for ag exemptions and they have since naturally colonized in the wild.
Sweet. I wonder what the natural threat would be to them in the wild. I think they are to big for coyotes. What is the largest predator in the region. They could be doing more harm than good.
They are beautiful