Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

These kinds of builds makes me want to buy a small trailer and use for future roadtrips myself.

Last edited:

Tkdog05

Rank I

Contributor III

Timnath, CO, USA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Kramer
nice start, that's how my 4x6 trailer started out many years ago. One very important lesson I learned. Upgrade that toothpick axle asap with a 3500 lb rated axle. Then upgrade those slipper springs to a softer heavier rated spring with eyelets and shackles. Ask me how I know LOL
Looking to put bigger tires in my new 4x6 trailer build…
Which axle? 3500 from tractor supply?
Which springs did u use for your build?
What kind/size rims/tires? As those seen in your pics look to be exactly what I need.
Thanks in advance!
Troy

Attachments

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Hey there Troy, A Dexter EZ Lube axle ordered from a local trailer sales & supply shop; The axles are 5 on 4.5 so I used 2” wheel spacers converted to 6 on 5 to fit the stock LX450 Wheels 16” wrapped in 285/75/16s ATs. The springs I finally have now after snapping a three leaf 3,500 lb set are 5 leaf 5,000 lb . This week I’ll be installing the dexter upgraded spring shackles with greasable bolts and bushings. Last time out we snapped the left side shackles after a few hundred miles on wash board. Foolishly I didn’t air the trailer tires down enough and the shackles gave way. Good luck