Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hi folks.....this is my 19th or 20th annual September Mojave Road trip!!! Not looking for a huge group anymore.....been there and done that, and got over it! But up to 7-8 trucks is the max I want to take. One reason.......is to avoid the hassle of obtaining an NPS Special Permit.......and it's just easier with a smaller group!! Hope like hell the weather cooperates this year like it has the past several Septembers!!! The Super hot usually breaks by the third weekend of Sept!!!

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Also, just fyi to anyone that reads this........I have permanently Banned Fire wood and open campfires from any of my trips!! So, one less thing for people to bring out......but that's not why. The Wild Fires that are burning Commiefornia to the ground is why!!!
But, we will Still have a Campfire!! I have a new Lava Box fire pit now and all it requires is propane.....and is Much smaller than my bigger circular fire pit which is also awesome, but this is better and takes up Way way Less space on my roof rack!!!!!!
So in lieu of firewood.......someone can bring out an extra big white tank of Propane!!! I.....We....are Not going to be the ones who start a fire on any of my trips!!!!

Influencer II

West Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Twomey
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Also, just fyi to anyone that reads this........I have permanently Banned Fire wood and open campfires from any of my trips!! So, one less thing for people to bring out......but that\'s not why. The Wild Fires that are burning Commiefornia to the ground is why!!!
But, we will Still have a Campfire!! I have a new Lava Box fire pit now and all it requires is propane.....and is Much smaller than my bigger circular fire pit which is also awesome, but this is better and takes up Way way Less space on my roof rack!!!!!!
So in lieu of firewood.......someone can bring out an extra big white tank of Propane!!! I.....We....are Not going to be the ones who start a fire on any of my trips!!!!
I feel the same way, have used an Ignik Fire Can for the past several years. So much easier to just turn it off at nite. I usually carry a 20 lb propane on my trips. Both for cooking and fire place, will bring one with me.

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
Looks like a great trip! I’ll be there in October for the Trail Guardian project, otherwise I’d definitely join you. Maybe next year.

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

I feel the same way, have used an Ignik Fire Can for the past several years. So much easier to just turn it off at nite. I usually carry a 20 lb propane on my trips. Both for cooking and fire place, will bring one with me.
Yeah, fire that you can control is far better!!! I Constantly worried about every single "Snap Crackle and Pop" when burning wood even to the point that I'd try and track down the embers when they flew!!! And Always the last one to bed making sure the fires were completely out!!! Now I still seem to be the last one to bed.....but I'm no longer worried about being the as$ hole burning down my favorite place!! I can't even imagine being the Low life that started that Park Fire.....Intentionally!!! There's not enough bad things that you could even do to that guy that could make up for what he has done. I wouldn't be able to live with myself doing that. So, I'll err on the side of safety!!! Sorry for the rant about the fire starter guy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeepin It Simple

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Looks like a great trip! I’ll be there in October for the Trail Guardian project, otherwise I’d definitely join you. Maybe next year.
No worries, I also go Every Easter weekend!!! The trip we just had this past Easter was Epic!!! Check on my Easter thread........I gave a pretty good write up of our trip.....as it turned out to be one of the most fun Mojave Road trips in 20 years or more!! With the exception in the monsoon force rain......the rest was the coolest road trip through there ever!! One of these days I'll download my pictures and figure out how to put them on here! I have a bunch on my I phone, but probably double that on my D700!!! I've actually got a few trips on there, and on my D600!! And I bought a new Macbook Air last year to download them!!! LOL!!!
If I didn't do this trip every year, I'd go to the Guardian trips.....But, I also hate going in October, as every time I do......It's Hunting season and people shooting everywhere!! Too nerve wracking not knowing where the bullets are flying!

Reactions: Christopher Hersey

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hello, what is the start day? They rally info just shows end date.
Hey Gary, it actually shows both on the Rally Point front page. But no worries...........RSVP
START DATE
Friday, September 20, 2024
11:30 AM
Pacific Time (US & Canada)
11:30 Hrs
GMT -8:00
END DATE
Sunday, September 22, 2024
05:30 PM
Pacific Time (US & Canada)
17:30 Hrs
GMT -8:00