Music choices... Sirius XM or your own music?

• HTML tutorial

XJ on the FLY

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fremont, CA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hinton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YWM
I use both. I was an early adapter to satellite radio back when Srius and XM were two separate entities. Back then, Sirius had an offer of $600.00 for a lifetime membership. I was a truck driver at the time and to me, it seemed like money well spent. Sirius used to have truly amazing programming for people like me with eclectic tastes in music. After the merger, programming went WAY downhill. All channels went to the TOP 40 style programming and the unique channels disappeared. If I were paying monthly, I would have discontinued service a long time ago, but since I have it for as long as my receiver keeps working, I do still tune in once in a while but mostly its the music on my hard drive.

AlejandroM

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Winter Garden, Florida, EE. UU.
First Name
Alejandro
Last Name
Malave
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4YRX
I use spotify premium and download the playlists on my phone. They are great for traveling without having to rely on phone signal. Spotify premium is also cheaper than Sirius XM, and has music and podcasts for you to listen on the road.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I started with XM when it was a stand alone. I still have it and it works to Cabo, which I like. I also have a hard drive with music, and podcast at run through my phone. Because I travel Baja I need the hard drive because of the lack of cell.

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
I just got a new Tacoma, and it came with SXM. presently listening to the 80s staion on channel 8, but I am going to have to learn more about what channels are out there. I have found that in east Tennessee the valleys can cause signal loss... not sure I will hang onto it once the free subscription ends.

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

I just got a new Tacoma, and it came with SXM. presently listening to the 80s staion on channel 8, but I am going to have to learn more about what channels are out there. I have found that in east Tennessee the valleys can cause signal loss... not sure I will hang onto it once the free subscription ends.
If you like the 80's channel you should check out channel 33, 1st Wave. I am a child of the 80's so listening to that channel really takes me back.

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
If you like the 80's channel you should check out channel 33, 1st Wave. I am a child of the 80's so listening to that channel really takes me back.
thanks for the tip. I will give it a look (well listen)... my musical taste is all over the map, but there is very li'l in 70's-80's classic rock or 80's pop I do not like.