Check out our Adventure Beyond 60 YouTube Channel:

YouTube.com/@adventurebeyond60

Find us on Instagram @adventurebeyond60

2015 White 4Runner TRD Pro
  • Icon Stage 7 with secondary shock system in front
  • 2” lift with front diff drop
  • Black Rhino Mint Wheels 18”
  • Toyo Mud Terrain 33" 12.5" 18"
  • Shrockworks front bumper with 2 Rigid D series amber fog lights, 30” Rigid E series amber bar on front bumper
  • Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum winch with synthetic line and Factor 55 Prolink attachment point
  • Full Shrockworks skid plates incl gas tank.
  • Budbuilt rear diff skid plate heavy duty
  • Budbuilt bump out rock sliders with diamond plate in rear
  • MagnaFlow cat back exhaust
  • Shrockworks dual battery kit and windshield reservoir relocator
  • IBS dual battery set up with controller installed in central console
  • deep cycle secondary battery
  • Safari snorkel with fully sealed air box
  • Gobi roof rack with ladder
  • Rigid 40” white light bar front mounted on Gobi rack
  • Rigid SR series light bars on left and right side of gobi rack
  • Rigid white SRM rear facing lights mounted on Gobi Rack
  • Rigid 4 piece rock light system
  • Console vault safe
  • LED headlights (low and high beam)
  • Icom ID-5100A ham radio with motorized antenna mount.
  • Staun deflators
  • CBI steel rear bumper with dual swing arms and drop down table on passenger side.
  • 3" Icon overlanding springs.
  • ARB front / rear differential breathers.
  • Nitro 488 differential gearing
  • Driver side 23zero 270 awning with front and rear walls.
  • Driver and passenger side rear window CaliRaisedLED molle racks
  • Dometic CFX3 45L refrigerator.
  • Long Range America 24 gal auxiliary gas tank mounted where stock spare tire used to go.
  • Air Lift air bags for rear suspension bluetooth controlled from iPhone
IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

4Runner Thomas Mtn.jpeg

Items Ordered but still waiting (updated 1/18/2023)
1) Patriot Campers X3 trailer - as of 1/18/2023 container sitting in Customs awaiting inspection and release to Exploration Outfitters in Oklahoma.
2) Goose Gear full rear seat delete with fridge cover and drawer above fridge on driver side. On passenger side 2 drawer pullout system
3) ARB twin air compressor with air tank

Attachments

Last edited:

True North

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, California
Member #

That thing is a beast! Really nice rig. Pretty cool that you still have your vintage California license plate, and that no one took your handle name on overlandbound.

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
That thing is a beast! Really nice rig. Pretty cool that you still have your vintage California license plate, and that no one took your handle name on overlandbound.
Thanks! I’m having a lot of fun with it. Really had a great time with it in the Sierras last week.

I was surprised that the handle was available too. I’ve seen MTN4RNR either here or some other forum. I guess I could have claimed squatters rights?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
Reactions: Steve

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Ok I'm new here, before I put something up on the 4Runner Owners Registry I'll do a build page so I can link to this.

2015 White 4Runner TRD Pro
  • Icon Stage 7 with secondary shock system in front and hydro bumps in rear
  • 3” lift with front diff drop
  • Black Rhino Mint Wheels 18”
  • Goodyear Duratrac 295/65 R18
  • Shrockworks front bumper with 2 Rigid D series amber fog lights, 30” Rigid E series amber bar on front bumper
  • Warn Xeon 10-S Platinum winch
  • Full Shrockworks skid plates incl gas tank.
  • Budbuilt rear diff skid plate heavy duty
  • Budbuilt bump out rock sliders with diamond plate in rear
  • MagnaFlow cat back exhaust
  • Shrockworks dual battery kit and windshield reservoir relocator
  • IBS dual battery set up with controller installed in central console
  • deep cycle yellow top secondary battery
  • Safari snorkel with fully sealed air box
  • Gobi roof rack with ladder, high lift mount, axe/shovel mount, 2 gobi auto-retractable ratchet straps
  • Rigid 40” white light bar front mounted on Gobi rack
  • Rigid SR series light bars on left and right side of gobi rack
  • Rigid white SRM rear facing lights mounted on Gobi Rack
  • Rigid 4 piece rock light system
  • Console vault safe
  • Cobra 75 CB radio with 1/4 wave whip antenna spring mounted on right rear panel
  • Kicker IQ sound system and speakers with removable sub-woofer
  • LED headlights (low and high beam)
View attachment 66514

View attachment 66515
View attachment 66516

The license plate is from my 1st 1984 Gen1 4Runner. It's stayed with me though 2 other 4Runners and 2 LandCrusiers.

But, I didn't build this vehicle. I bought it a couple months ago with 67,000 mi. I have a '99 FJ 100 LandCrusier with 340,000 original owner miles. It's a great car and have had A LOT of great times with it. But my wife and I were ready for something new and a bit smaller. Was going to purchase new and build up, but found this on AutoTrader and after doing a lot of due diligence decided to buy this. So far I've really enjoyed it! It's so heavy that the gas milage is the same as my FJ 100 just runs on regular instead of super.

Next up:
Rear bumper with dual swing outs. Thinkin' CBI, or Pelfrey Built. But no final decisions.

5 new wheels. These 295/65 Duratracs have worked well on easy/moderate routes so far. But I never had a flat with any of my BFG tires in 340,000 mi. What can I say? I'm a BFG guy. Looking at the MT/3. I know Toyo makes a tire that looks really great, but brand loyalty I think will win out. I think I can get close to 34" on the vehicle. But that's it. Have no idea what kind of wheel I want to use yet other than it will have to be a 17". The Black Rhinos had a little taken off of them just going to Miller Lake on the Rubicon Trail (that's the easy part - I went no further). Probably need something better for the rocks.

Firestik CB antenna. The whip is great in the desert, but forget about it in the mountains. As long as they are both tuned I should be able to swap.

HAM Radio. I'm studying for technicians class license right now. Hope to take it next month. After hanging out here on OB I'm convinced comms are a good idea. Will need to seek out help on what mobile unit would be good to buy and figure out where I can mount it.

I use a ViAir 400P automatic air compressor. It works great. There's not a lot of room under the hood with 2 batteries. So on board air is not a priority.

Set of Staun deflators.

Once I get the high lift mounted on a rear swing out, then a side awning. Can't wrap around - one downside of the 4Runner hatchback.

That's about it for now! Hope I posted this post in the right place!
Very nice set up. Have you looked at SSO (Southern Style Offroad) bumpers. They have a new model called the Trailgater. Waiting for mine to come in. [emoji41]

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
Very nice set up. Have you looked at SSO (Southern Style Offroad) bumpers. They have a new model called the Trailgater. Waiting for mine to come in. [emoji41]
No I haven't. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

I see you are in Verdi, NV. I just drove the Henness Pass Road last week....

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding