Mountain biking

• HTML tutorial

Titan Tom

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Los Angeles
Member #

You want an ebike, trust me. Get the kind that makes you work it will help on those steep hills. you will love it and you will still get a work out

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
I plan on buying 2 mountain bikes (1 for my wife).
But unsure of where to start, and how much to spend.
My budget for the 2 bikes would be about $1000.
I'm not even sure if mountain bikes are what we want, mostly it would ridden on the beach paths, but also dirt and some trails.
We have a ton of bike paths/trails here (southern ca).
I recommend that you rent a few before you make a decision and go ride on terrain that you typically want to ride. Some bike shops will credit you the rental fees you paid to them towards the purchase of a bike. You could rent two different types of bikes for you and your wife to test ride and take turns on them. Repeat as needed with different types of bikes. This essentially makes the renting free while educating yourself about what you like to ride out in the real world.

Reactions: Outdoordog

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

I recommend that you rent a few before you make a decision and go ride on terrain that you typically want to ride. Some bike shops will credit you the rental fees you paid to them towards the purchase of a bike. You could rent two different types of bikes for you and your wife to test ride and take turns on them. Repeat as needed with different types of bikes. This essentially makes the renting free while educating yourself about what you like to ride out in the real world.
That's a great idea!