Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Wilcox
Service Branch
USAF
Don't Tundras have the rear glass that slides down? A sleeping deck under a topper with drawer storage under the sleeping deck might work. You could let your feet hang inside through the window or come up with some kind of back seat deck along the bottom edge of the window. Easy access to the cab and you can raise the back window while you are driving and want to keep AC in and noise out.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

"...well up till now my plan went allright
" till we tried to put it all together one night
"and that's when we noticed that SOMETHIN' was DEFINITELY wrong!"

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

"...now the headlights, that was another sight
"we had one on the left and two on the right
"but when we pulled out the switch all 3 of em come on"

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I really like the Chevy Avalanche but want manual transmission. If I get a Silverado or a Tundra how hard would it be to install drop down seats & drop down metal wall so that it has the same feature as the Avalanche?
I'd sooner bolt in a clutch and manual transmission in an Avalanche.
It should be a mostly bolt in job robbibg parts off a K1500.

Reactions: M Rose

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

@ThundahBeagle is there a point to these last 2 messages or just a poem?
Great, old Johnny Cash song called "One Piece at a Time" where he works at a GM auto plant and takes a piece per day until he has enough pieces to make a Cadillac. But all the parts dont fit because its "strong out over several years"...or a couple decades.

Just a fun novelty song, written by Waybe Kemp. Recorded 1976.

Reactions: DevilDodge

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I love the Avalanche for its ability to switch between long bed & crew cab. I also liked it because being GMC it should be easy to work on.
who ever told you that was easy to work on was filling you with BS… this was true back in 1974, but today, without the proper diagnostic equipment GM is the second hardest brand to work on (first is Dodge). Both Dodge and Chevy have their own diagnostic protocols that aren’t open to the public forcing the consumer back to a service dealership when certain conditions are met.

I only mention this not to steer you away from the Ave, it because of you want an easy vehicle to work on, get a pre-74 rig of any manufacturer.

Reactions: Renaissance_Man